How to tell a friend's girlfriend to get a job or something?

D_Sinclair

Banned
Banned
I have one bit of advice. DO NOT lend the friend in question any money.

He's digging himself a nasty financial hole by insisting his girlfriend gets a job, and once his credit is damaged enough by too many bank loans, he will start turning to his friends for the money to make ends meet. He'll always be borrowing small amounts, but he'll be regularly asking, using money from one friend to pay off another, etc.

Learn to say no right now, and when he does start borrowing from friends, talk to the rest of your shared friends about cutting him off as well. This will accelerate the financial downfall and put an end to the problem much faster, one way or another. He'll either force her to get a job, dump her, or they'll both end up moving back home with their respective parents.

You could also suggest to her "waitressing is a time-honored tradition among actresses".

Goblyn

Explorer
RustyHalo said:
I'
(2) Am I the only one who's put out by all those replies that, even in jest, speculate about having sex with this young woman?

Yes you are.

I don't really have anything new to add, just confirmations:

1) For the love of god, stay out of it.

2) Whizbang Dustyboots is right. We'll need those pictures. For research purposes.

Goblyn

Explorer
Torm said:
Assuming you weren't kidding:

I = I
A = Am
N = Not
A = A
L = Lawyer

:)

Thank you so much, TORM. I've never been able to figure that one out.

I'm not being sarcastic. Really. Thanks.

MadMaxim

First Post
Goblyn said:
Yes you are.

I don't really have anything new to add, just confirmations:

1) For the love of god, stay out of it.

2) Whizbang Dustyboots is right. We'll need those pictures. For research purposes.
Sorry, Goblyn, I don't have any pictures of her and certainly not in a bikini... But you do have a good point there ;)

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
reveal said:
And it's not quite all state based. When I was in the Air Force, we could not date anyone under 18, even if the state said otherwise. That's a federal law that trumps state law but, for the most part, you're exactly right.

That isn't a Federal Law. That’s the UCMJ. (Uniformed Code of Military Justice.) (It's article 920 and I do believe its 16 years of age... )

Last edited:

reveal

Adventurer
Brother Shatterstone said:
That isn't a Federal Law. That’s the UCMJ. (Uniformed Code of Military Justice.) (It's article 920 and I do believe its 16 years of age... )

Well I'll be damned. After all these years you'd think I would've looked that up. :)

Remove ads