How to use a WIKI THREAD

Something I've just encountered: Two people editing a wiki thread at the same time ... my edit got lost while the other person's got saved. Luckily I was able to hit back on the browser window and copy/paste my text and then go through and add it back in.

I've been waiting for this to happen. Figured it was inevitable.

CapnZapp

Legend
Feedback on the wikithread system now that I have practical experience:

#1 It's great. Thanks!

#2 Page history is only available to the thread starter. Any particular reason why?

I get that the revert functionality is restricted. But why is even readonly access to previous versions denied other contributors?

#3 Only the thread starter can see previous versions, and so his work is safe even if overwritten. Other editors must either ask the threadstarter (for a copy of a previous version) or save private copies of their contributions.

Any chance the threadstarter can "approve" a certain version, so everybody can then look at (=access in readonly mode) that version even if later overwritten? (This allows people to use that version's text without asking the threadstarter - saving private copies of every version of every wiki thread is a no-go)

Again thanks for the useful functionality.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
That's a good idea. It'd be a shame if a wiki thread got vandalised and the thread starter wasn't around any more to revert it. I'll look into that.

Remove ads