How to use Invisible Castle?

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Hi everyone.

Maybe I'm just missing something obvious but I can't quite work out how to use www.invisiblecastle.com.

I'm specifically looking for how to roll d&d Next advantage and disadvantage; for instance:

2d20, take highest, +3
2d20, take lowest, +3

I've managed to get 2d20.takeHighest(1)+3 to give a correct result of highest roll +3, but for some reason if I use 2d20.takeLowest(1)+3 it still seems to use the higher of the two rolls, not the lower one.

I'd appreciate any advice from seasoned rollers!

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Using 2d20.takeHighest(1)+3 gives this

2d20.takeHighest(1)+3 → [8,3] = (11)

Which I assume to mean the 2d20 rolls were 8 and 3; then adding 3 to the 8 gives 11?

But if I use 2d20.take.Lowest I get this

2d20.takeLowest(1)+3 → [14,3] = (17)

Which still seems to be taking the higher of the 14 and 4 before adding 3?

GlassEye

Adventurer
I thought the same at first. Then I did a lot of rolls testing it and discovered the second number in my set was always a three. That made me think it was only showing the number it selected and the three. To test it I changed the calculation to 4d20.takeLowest(1)+3. It still only shows two numbers so I'm pretty sure that it only shows the selected number plus the add.

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Ah... that would explain it. Thanks!

Edit: I tried to be clever and include a light bulb image in my post but somehow ended up with 2 attachments instead.

*thinks back wistfully to the days when he knew what he was doing on the internet...*

Last edited:

Remove ads