Grading the Mörk Borg System

How Do You Feel About the Mörk Borg System?

• I love it.

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • It's pretty good.

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • It's alright I guess.

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • It's pretty bad.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I hate it.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I've never played it.

Votes: 45 58.4%
  • I've never even heard of it.

Votes: 3 3.9%

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I don't know. They come from fairly religious households and attend private church-based schools.
Honestly, in our community, I'm kinda shocked that vanilla D&D is approved.
I think it would be possible to rebrand Mork Borg as an "end times" RPG and fit in with my relatives' conservative religious views, but YMMV. It would require replacing the default setting with one more inspired by St. John the Divine, rather than Swedish death metal. I'm mildly surprised no one has done a project like this yet.

aramis erak

Legend
I think it would be possible to rebrand Mork Borg as an "end times" RPG and fit in with my relatives' conservative religious views, but YMMV. It would require replacing the default setting with one more inspired by St. John the Divine, rather than Swedish death metal. I'm mildly surprised no one has done a project like this yet.
A few have tried. They got little press and less love.

Small press stuff in the 90's and 00's.

aramis erak

Legend
But apparently a time machine, since Mork Borg was published in 2020. ;)
Pundit - Is that you?
I didn't intend to imply they used Mork Borg.
The market may be big enough now for someone to grab onto one of the current systems, even Mork Borg... nee especially MB...

The ones using D20 tended to focus on Ragnarok. The ones focused on the greeks were a variety of other systems, mostly thin reskins of TSR D&D.
ffg wrote a tetrology of end of the world games- not mork borg... but avoided the Christian faiths; they did do a generic "The old gods returned" in one of those.
CORPS Down In Flames is thirteen adventure setups for various end of the world stuff; most of them don't need CORPS to function.

Remove ads