• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

How we play the game: Character sheets

Fedaykin

First Post
I use a text editor in which I have this template and just fill in the blanks:
(The CR is in there because, as a DM I use this for monsters too)

Class

HD:
Init:
Speed:
AC:
BAB/Grapple:
Attacks:
Space/Reach:
SA:
SQ:
Saves:
Abi.:Str,Dex,Con,Int,Wis,Cha
Skills:
Feats:
CR:
Alignment:
Languages:
Gear:

Special ability descriptions

Spells: DC 14+ Spell Level (Caster Level: )
0-
-
-
1-
-
etc.

Axegrrl

First Post
I use an Excel spreadsheet that works in OpenOffice. It looks pretty much like the official sheets, but since it's editable, I can do layout tweaks (though huge changes in layout would be too much work). I've added or enhanced some of the auto-calculating features. Current characters have a page to track advancement (what class, how many HP, feats, class abilities per level), a page for gear, a page for spells (if needed), and other pages as I need them. For some games, I print out the character sheets; for other games, I bring the laptop and work from there.

danzig138

Explorer
On the rare occasion that I'm a player and not the DM, I use whatever sheet the DM hands me. So far, this has been official sheets, but not deluxe. The two-sided ones (I dislike those). For my games, I use MS Word, and have 4-page sheets (plus 1-3 insert pages), that all of my players use. My players don't get to use variant sheets. If someone doesn't like something in the layout of one of mine, I'm happy to work with them in altering the basic design, but we use the sheets I designed, because I set them up for the convenience of the players, but also for me. When I'm working on a game during the week, I like to easily find information on the character sheets. That's much harder to do with a mishmash of CRS types.

Ferrum

First Post
I use Excel spreadsheets. All of the number crunching is done for me, I even have a template creator for polymorphed stats. It also has a spell sheet (bonus spells auto-calculated) a familiar sheet (hp, int, natural ac and BAB derived from PC) and polymorph animal and polymorph humanoid sheets, that calculate all the new numbers for you just by putting what you've been polymorphed into in the noted box. (the polymorph templates have their own page, and need to be filled in ahead of time)

I have too much free time at work.

reveal

Adventurer
I take the PDF copies of official forms and make them fillable myself. I love autocalculating on PDFs. Makes my life easier.

Agamon

Adventurer
HeroForge for D&D, but with my upcoming Iron Heroes game, I'll have to pull out the old 3.5E .doc, fix it up to work with IH, and turn it into a pdf. IronHeroForge would be nice...I just don't have the time, and probably not the skill, to do it.

Aaron L

Hero
I make my own sheets. Everyone in my old group used them too, but thats because I was the only person who bothered to ever print out character sheets for people, and they were always asking me. Apparently someone on rpgsheets.com liked it enough to use the same exact layout!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads