• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Howling Night: Temple of Hinotheus

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

"And if'in you don't let him in it'll be his horse's stall he's knocking on next I wager!" Laughing again he dances out of Nathan's reach.

Nathan continues the ruse, feigning an angry swing in Tahn's direction as the man easily dodges out of the way. "Horse'd still look better than your mother, you filthy weasel!" he swears, though he turns quickly back to the bouncer and shrugs.

"Dry spells make a body grumpy, am I right?" he says conspiratorially to the bouncer.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
OOC: I'M BACK. Gah.

The bouncer steps aside, letting you pass.

Inside, the place is a ribald scene of debauchery. Young, unsavory men stand and lounge around on ratty cushions, as scantily clad young women dance and hold themselves against their clients. One of the men, lanky and sinewy, with a well-worn sneer and a body moving like a coiled spring, points to one of the women, and moves through a doorway. The woman, young, freckled, at first seeming human, but with the large eyes and pointed ears and slightly greenish hair of a half-elf, looks over toward a large, haggard woman toward the front. The harridan nods, and the half-elf deflates in surrender, lowers her head, and follows the man behind the door.

The madam turns to face the new group. Her hair is a mix of brown and gray, frizzing out in all directions. Her eyes are blue, almost too blue. She wears a large, tattered, frilled corset, barely able to keep her even larger girth in one place, folds of flesh oozing from the sides of and holes in the corset like rising bread.

"Ah, new customers! We've not had the likes of you here before... Came from a jaunt from the Dunn Wright Inn, by the look of it?"

Her face, although at first seeming unlined in the dim candlelight, cracks around her cerulean eyes as she speaks, as if not even her skin can hold her frame.

"Why don't you tell your good friend Bonita what you are looking for this evening, hmm?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Darreo takes to getting a good look at the area. He disguises his looking for anything that might be out of place by staring in the general direction of the women a little longer than normal. He listens and sniffs the air as silently and discreetly as possible.

OCC: General perception check to notice anything amiss. Will let the face do their thing.

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Tahn claps Nathan on the back and says with a wide grin, "My friend here has been riding a horse for many weeks and is looking to ride something a bit softer!" He laughs again and looks around at his companions. "We've all had a long ride come to think of it! We're looking to forget the dust of the road and the feel of a saddle underneath us. All the pleasures you have to offer us are welcome. I say we start with some drinks and some soft company eh boys?"

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer (celestial)

"We've all had a long ride come to think of it! We're looking to forget the dust of the road and the feel of a saddle underneath us. All the pleasures you have to offer us are welcome. I say we start with some drinks and some soft company eh boys?"

Nathan gives a smarmy grin at Tahn's suggestion, then leans in toward the madam. "That's all fine, but a body can get ale and women just 'bout anywhere," he says offhandedly. Then, in a conspiratorially low voice he adds, "Word is you might have sommat here a little ... stronger?"

OOC: Still in catchup from my own vacation. Hopefully I'll be back on the ball by the end of today.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Darreo looks around. Clearly, nearly everything happening in the room looks "amiss". Lots of rough carousing, manhandling of scantily clad young women, and the odd feeling that this could break out into a brawl at any time.

"Well," Bonita replies, "I strictly deal only in companionship, but that gentleman over there can get you something with a kick."

She gestures over to a burly man seated off to the side, a woman on each thigh. Red hair extends down his balding pate, and the tattoo of a squid's tentacles extend up and down his right arm.

Bonita snaps, and nearly instantly the view is blocked by a number of young women. "But as for this evening, you may have your pick. I also have some elves, but they cost extra."

The women keep their eyes lowered, their expression neutral.

jkason

First Post
Nathan's just about to make a beeline for the man Bonita points out when she chooses to present her establishment's wares. It takes him a brief moment to recover, nodding acknowledgement to the implication Bonita's gesture makes: no third party transactions without purchasing something from the house.

The sorcerer glances to the others and nods. He surveys the women and chooses the one his limited skills suggest to him is meekest. "The rooms are upstairs, are they?" he says matter-of-factly.

OOC: Sense Motive +0

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Darreo gives the woman a passing glance. He acts as if they are secondary to why he is here.

[sblock=OOC] Do we wish to call this game a dud? One post per week seems a little off kilter to me. We coul do something seriously wrong and get kicked out LOL and then the Priest would need to hire new faces (i.e. start this game at a later date)

Note: As of today Darreo has 1,998 XP with the Time XP for this game added in. 1998 that was a good year for me and gaming as I was the manager of a game shop. :D play games all day at work and then go home and play games all night. :p [/sblock]

toasterferret

Explorer
OOC: I second that notion. This game doesn't seem to be going anywhere and i would rather like to retire Falkner and start a new character...

jkason

First Post
OOC: I'm fine either way, personally. Nathan's accumulated enough time XP to level if we stop now, but I don't think there are any adventures waiting at the Dunn Wright anyway, so between a slow-post adventure accumulating time XP or lounging about the Inn getting no XP, I'm personally fine with the former. ;)

Remove ads