• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Howling Night: Temple of Hinotheus

Systole

First Post
OOC: I apologize if I caused problems. Non-RP wise, I admit I felt a little uncomfortable taking a spot that was designed for a second-level character, especially when there are a bunch hanging out in the inn.

RP-wise, I figured that spirits and elders had to be able to override personal vows, otherwise Jirago would be a huge mess of feuds from every time that Barbarian X got pissed and swore undying vengeance on Barbarian Y. So if the spirits say Daylily's vow is no good, he's gotta accept that. It might lead to him being more careful about trusting spirit-talkers in the future, however.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Hmm.. a replacement RP wise? Or are you saying we could use another martial character?

I thought Daylily's excursion into the common room helped as it showed that an adventure going on and time spent at the inn could overlap thus adding to the Living world feel. Normally an adventure starts and it is set aside on it's own and doesn't truly effect anyone or anything else.

As for the character there are plenty to choice from now and 4 more about to end a game and be back at the Dunn Wright - probably before we are done and ready to leave.[/sblock]

SJRSamurai

First Post
[sblock=occ] No I didn't mean RP wise, with RP we can find a way around it, I mean that taking a character out will put the party at a disadvantage come the encounters. Now if we find someone to replace Daylily, well I'll be less fearful of the entire party ending up dead due to the difficulty of the encounters, that's my only problem right now, I think that without either another first or second level character this adventure may be too difficult. [/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Well hmm.. just put out a recruitment call in the Dunn Wright thread. While we wait we can go over the info in "the back room" and hopefully before we are ready to set out we will have another player.

I know of 5 2nd lvl characters that all have good players floating about. Plus the 4 PCs from Beggar's Belief will be done soon (all 2nd lvl).

Shouldn't be hard to get one more.[/sblock]

toasterferret

Explorer
A dark haired man walks into the room, dressed in scale mail and a white cloak. He has a shield slung across his back and an elaborate dueling sword on his hip.

Upon seeing the group, he says

"Hail friends. I heard you all were having some trouble finding a house or somesuch? I happen to know quite a few whitecloaks who may be able to help. Giving directions is practically half of our, well their, jobs nowadays."

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

A dark haired man walks into the room, dressed in scale mail and a white cloak. He has a shield slung across his back and an elaborate dueling sword on his hip.

Upon seeing the group, he says

"Hail friends. I heard you all were having some trouble finding a house or somesuch? I happen to know quite a few whitecloaks who may be able to help. Giving directions is practically half of our, well their, jobs nowadays."

"You just missed the house-hunters," says a young man in dark reds and grays, his manner slightly disheveled though in an oddly still-charming way. "But we could definitely use the help, since we're still on a search. Only our search is for a trio of missing priests who were investigating some new pesh trade in the city. Up for helping bring home a few lost souls to the temple?"

toasterferret

Explorer
The man pauses for a moment, before saying

"Pesh trade and lost souls... this seems to be becoming a theme of sorts... but count me in, the streets have been dangerous as of late."

He looks around at the collected group and continues

"And excuse my terrible manners. I'm Amadeus Falkner, ex-captain in the White Cloaks. Now who is going to fill me in on the particulars?"

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Tahn looks up from sifting through the documentation. "Welcome Mr. Falkner. To bring you up to speed, three priests were sent to investigate this new pesh trade in the city and they have come up missing. We're going to see if we can figure out where they were going, who they talked to, and what clues they might have found in order to locate them. Or their mortal remains if the worst has befallen them. The head of their order provided us with some of their personal effects and papers. We're just beginning to examine them now."

SJRSamurai

First Post
[sblock=occ]Post 60 has all the information Tahn was able to find, unless you have something more specific in mind in which case ask away and welcome aboard Toaster, nice to have you with us. Is Polterghost still with us, I think we haven't heard from him in a week.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

"I'm Nathan. From what we can tell," Nathan adds, "Our best lead at present is a brothel, I'm afraid. I suppose our big question for the moment is one of tactics. Do we just wander in asking for information, or do we want to try something more covert?

"I'm a fair liar, but I have to say, I haven't had especially good luck of late in winning that kind of game with women skilled in seduction."

Last edited:

Remove ads