• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E HP Error? Forked Thread: Pathfinder Sneak Peeks

rogueboy

First Post
Forked from: Pathfinder Sneak Peeks

Pathfinder Preview Stat Blocks (relevant sections)

Valeros
Male human fighter 14
hp 137 (14d10+56)
Str 16, Dex 20, Con 16, Int 13, Wis 8, Cha 10

Seoni
Female human sorcerer 10
hp 57 (10d6+20)
Statistics Str 8, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 20

Harsk
Male dwarf ranger 11
hp 109 (11d10+44)
Str 14, Dex 20, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 6

Kyra
Female human cleric of Sarenrae 8
hp 55 (8d8+16)
Str 14, Dex 8, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 20, Cha 12

Seelah
Female human paladin 13
hp 115 (13d10+39)
Str 19, Dex 8, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 18
OK, so I realize this may have been addressed already, but I was unable to find it. If it has been addressed, please point me to where it has been addressed and then feel free to lock or delete this thread.

My question is this: For several of the characters (Valeros, Harsk, and Seelah), the amount of HP they have added from Con does not match up with their Con scores. My initial thought was that perhaps the ability scores did not include magic items, but as far as I can tell, Seelah and Harsk do not have any items that improved their Con score. Is there a typo in these stat blocks (if so, is the HP or Con score a typo? And if the Con score is the typo, does that mean there are more typos, such as the Fort bonus?), or is there a reason that these characters are receiving extra HP beyond their Con score?

Valeros: 14HD, 56hp from Con = +4hp per level (16 Con + toughness feat, perhaps?)
Harsk: 11HD, 44hp from Con = +4hp per level (16 Con + ???)
Seelah: 13HD, 39hp from Con = +3hp per level (14 Con + ???)

Mikaze

First Post
In the Beta, a character gets either an extra hitpoint or an extra skill point for each level they take in their favored class.

I'm fairly certain that made it into the final rules. So just add their level to what they would normally get from their CON, and you get the current totals.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
In the Beta, a character gets either an extra hitpoint or an extra skill point for each level they take in their favored class.

I'm fairly certain that made it into the final rules. So just add their level to what they would normally get from their CON, and you get the current totals.

It seems that Valeros both has an extra skill point and an extra HP per level, unless fighters now have 3 skill points per level.

Mikaze

First Post
It seems that Valeros both has an extra skill point and an extra HP per level, unless fighters now have 3 skill points per level.

Sounds like that "or" got upgraded to "and". Checking the others to see if that holds for all of them.

Edit-Gah, just remembered: Humans get +1 skill points every level as well. Valeros has five skills maxed out. Two from the standard Fighter skiill points, one from his INT bonus of +1, one from his favored class bonus, and one from his human bonus.

Last edited:

Jason Bulmahn

Adventurer
Characters do indeed recieve +1 hp or +1 skill point for each level in their favored class, which is chosen at 1st level. Valeros has Toughness, which gives him +1 hit point per level, which is why all of his favored class bonuses went into extra skill points.

Jason Bulmahn
Lead Designer
Paizo Publishing

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Seelah and Harsk have only an extra HP per level and Kyra has only an extra skill point per level. I can't quite figure out the skill points for Seoni; it looks loke she has an extra HP per level and then she seems to have 6 extra skill point in total. I'm confused... :-S

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Characters do indeed recieve +1 hp or +1 skill point for each level in their favored class, which is chosen at 1st level. Valeros has Toughness, which gives him +1 hit point per level, which is why all of his favored class bonuses went into extra skill points.

Thanks for the information, I had made my previous post without seeing yours. Did I make a mistake with the skill points for Seoni?

Last edited:

Jason Bulmahn
Lead Designer
Paizo Publishing

The more I hear the more I am interested in PF!

rogueboy

First Post

Thank for the quick replies! I had seen the bonus for favored classes being added, but forgot about those while looking at the previews.

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
One thing I really like about the new rules is the extra bonuses for favored classes. My highest level 3E character, a human wizard, dipped into three levels of paragon human to pick up an extra +2 to INT and an extra feat; in Pathfinder, I'll be able to restructure him back to a wizard/loremaster without the paragon levels and get most of the same benefits.

Remove ads