• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

HQ: The 'Ready Lounge'

Salix

First Post
"Welcome! I'm George and this is Martin. We also go by Gremlin and Carrion respectively. Circe... I take it you can use magic? If you want something to drink you can pretty much get anything. Not too long ago there were some guys in here beltin' down high end scotch.", Gremlin says with a wide smile.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Note, she got away with just saying her normal name--I edited again, so it's just Sierra Perseis)

"Drinks, where do we get them, George?" Sierra asks the man who addressed her, "If it's too much trouble, I can always conjure something myself."

*With a small hand gesture, a goblet of wine appears in her hand, and she takes a sip.*

"Ah, delicious."

"Magic? I suppose you could call it that. I've just had a talent, you know? It's innate. Some people like that are called mutants, I hear. I prefer metahuman myself, what a lovely prefix."

(OOC: This second part is for when Lot gets a chance--feel free to continue the first half of the conversation in the meantime)

*Sierra turns to Martin.*

"By the way, I don't mean to be rude, but have you been cursed? Transformation is my specialty--well, one of my specialties. I imagine you might get lonely looking like that, so allow me to give you a nice human form until you decide you want this one back. It'll look something like this:"

*She points and a mirror appears before him, and when he looks in the mirror, he sees a handsome man's face that looks much like his old face from before he was transformed.*

Lot

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
*She points and a mirror appears before him, and when he looks in the mirror, he sees a handsome man's face that looks much like his old face from before he was transformed.*

Martin looks himself in the face for the first time in a long time. He looks at his face, with light brown hair, dark blue eyes, and his prominant nose.

"But how...how could this be? I've been through so much...and you fix it just like that. Will...will I stay like this? Am I normal now? I mean, I know you can change me back but can I stay like this? I've been...I've been working to get used to myself the other way. Am I human again?"

Martin stares at himself, touching his face and almost crying.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"You're not human yet--this is just a vision of your inner self. I can transform you back into your human form though, if you wish. You'll stay human until I will the transformation to end or you get hit by something that cancels my power, such as an attack by another metahuman of some sort. Just give me the okay, and I'll change you back until you want to become this form again--my specialty is turning people into animals normally, but if I push myself, I can get your body back, no problem," Sierra smiles, "And then we can have a party!"

Salix

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"You're not human yet--this is just a vision of your inner self. I can transform you back into your human form though, if you wish. You'll stay human until I will the transformation to end or you get hit by something that cancels my power, such as an attack by another metahuman of some sort. Just give me the okay, and I'll change you back until you want to become this form again--my specialty is turning people into animals normally, but if I push myself, I can get your body back, no problem," Sierra smiles, "And then we can have a party!"
Your playing with fire girl, George thinks looking at the transformation before him. The guy has enough problems looking like that without getting jerked back and forth. "I've been told I'm a mutant myself. By the way, this is who I am, don't change me into an average sized person.", he says with an obvious look of disapproval. "Is that something you want, Martin, even if its not permanant", he says in a quiet voice to Martin.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Sierra shakes her head at George with a knowing smile--can she tell what he's thinking?*

"Oh, it's quite permanent, at least until dispelled," she points out, "It's good practise too--I'm a bit rusty, you see, and need to work on flexing my powers. Besides, don't you think poor Martin deserves to be himself if he wants? He can't get much of a positive reaction in this shape from most people, I'd imagine, so he would be able to interact more easily, and human interaction is healthy."

Salix

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
*Sierra shakes her head at George with a knowing smile--can she tell what he's thinking?*

"Oh, it's quite permanent, at least until dispelled," she points out, "It's good practise too--I'm a bit rusty, you see, and need to work on flexing my powers. Besides, don't you think poor Martin deserves to be himself if he wants? He can't get much of a positive reaction in this shape from most people, I'd imagine, so he would be able to interact more easily, and human interaction is healthy."

"I think its not our decision, it's Martin's. You should ask before you dangle it in front of him. What if something goes wrong, and he gets stuck somewhere in between? If he goes back to normal , how hard is it going to be psychologically for him to transform back into Carrion? If Martin's OK with it, I'll not say another word. But don't push it on him, let him ask for it. What do you think, Martin?", the dwarf says, finishing his argument with a question to Carrion, not wishing to speak as if he's not in the room.

OOC: Interesting grouping right off the bat. Hopefully they'll get a chance to get on a mission together ;)

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Oh, well I did ask first--trust me, if I wasn't asking, I'd just do it instead of talking about it. As for being stuck in between, that's not how it works, but even if it did somehow, I could immediately dismiss it at my leisure."

"Anyway, if he needs the transformation more often than once, I can always write-up a ritual that would do the trick without pushing myself. It'd take two hours to write one, tops, and then maybe ten minutes to perform it whenever necessary."

(OOC: Unfortunately, we probably will not--it looks like my adventure is next on the queue, and my PC can't go on that ;))

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads