HQ: The 'Ready Lounge'

Hand of Vecna

First Post
"<<Is it mad to ask questions? To try and figure out why things are the way they are, and how they could be better? Is it madness to try and do what superstition and myth say the gods have done? Madness -- bah! A label used to describe something the Masses cannot, will not understand! But it is the work of the so-called 'mad,' of those who dared to risk and ask and seek, who sought what could be rather than wallow in what is or what was, that have propelled human society out of the treetops!>>"

Glancing down, Sierra could see that Archeville had a small flashlight-like device tucked into his front pocket in such a way as to shine light up on his face (leaving his hands free to gesticulate wildly), so the play of light and shadow created a cliched scary cast to his face.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"<<Hmm...I'm sure the gods themselves would be amused by what mortals have done in these past years, don't you think? But as I said, the stereotypical label is not particularly flattering. Would you prefer the term 'visionary'?>>"

Hand of Vecna

First Post
"<<If they have a problem, they should come down and take some direct action. Assuming they even exist and aren't merely archetypal figments of the human subconscious, or mis-remembered tales of the actions of long-dead ancient metahumans... or extraterrestrials. Or beings from alternate realities.>>"

Archeville looks down and makes a face as if only now realizing the flashlight attached to his shirt was on. He clicks it off and sticks it back into his pocket.

"<<And, yes, 'visionary' is a nicer term.>>"

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
"<<Well, in many of our tales of these gods, most of them didn't want to interfere with human affairs, except the more capricious ones, and many were thought to take human form. Perhaps you are right and these are simply remembered tales of metahumans caught in the collective unconscious. It is a compelling theory that makes sense in some ways. Somehow, though, I think there may be something more to it than that.>>"

Raylis

First Post
"Resolutes Titian, Circe and Archeville report to ready room D immediatly. A young voice sounds over the intercom.

In the briefing room is Major Rebecca Sinclair, an attractive, young brown haired girl about sixteen of seventeen years old dressed in a skired UN uniform and a pair of wire frame glasses. "I apologize for the late night call, but we have a problem in Tokyo. Yesterday we sent a team of Resolutes to investiage, they arrived ahead of schedule through teleportation to mask their arrival. We sent a Vigilant to provide communicaton support and a more "public" show of our arrival.

Several of the Resolutes that we sent teleported back aboard while three began an investigation on a lead they discovered about the source of Hollywood monsters appearing in the city. In the Air Space above Tokyo the craft was attacked by -
She glances down at a table, wrinkles her forehead- "A giant, firebreathing moth and crashed into the harbor. There was also a mention of a giant robot attack earlier.

"Circe, we want you to teleport Titan and Archeville to Tokyo. The three of you will meet Kitsune, a local metahuman and host of our team, at the Tokyo tower and then connect with-
Another look down "-Mr. Scares, Mecha Mesume and Scout."

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Unfortunately, Sierra probably can't teleport others because of the weight limit. She also can't get to Tokyo without several good hops. We can handwave it away with Extra Effort if you like, though)

'Hmm...I wonder how she got to be a Major at that age.'

"Hey Titan, looks like you're a Renaissance painter now," Sierra laughs, "Silly codename. I'm not afraid to just use my real name, and the one they gave me is kind of lame."

Hand of Vecna

First Post
"<<Eh, it is, as you say, a theory, only partially formed. Goes hand-in-hand with my theory on so-called 'magic powers' and>>"

Archeville was cut off by the young voice over the intercom. Once Sierra, Titan and he enter the Ready Room, it is clear -- from the somewhat chilled glances -- that the Major and the Doctor are at least familiar with one another.

"Giant moths und robots? Either zhis is a publicity stunt gone horribly, horribly wrong, or ve're in for some very, very big problems...."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Sierra has switched to English to include Titan.*

"So what do you think? Metahuman who can bring to life her imaginations? It could be something like that insipid cartoon movie 'Trouble in Tokyo' where the bad guy is the police chief who uses the powers of a trapped metahuman with the ability to use ink to create art that comes to life."

Hand of Vecna

First Post
"Or it could be actual giant robots, built in a laboratory by person or persons unknown. Or aliens posing as beings prevalent in zhe local cultural paradigm. Or a shape- und size-shiftig metahuman with a twisted sense of humor. Won't know until ve get zhere, zhough."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Actual giant robots? I'd buy that up to a point, but the point was crossed when other entities from media like the Godzilla-esque giant moth appeared. That seems to suggest someone who can create things in the image of the media, though a shapeshifter would work for that purpose perfectly well also. There is, of course, the off chance that the media reflected an underlying cultural truth as yet undiscovered, and we are only now experiencing the truth that inspired them."

Remove ads