HQ: The 'Ready Lounge'

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: technicaly, it's around may, so the events have passed a long time ago. Time is iffy/floaty to a point though :)

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Indeed Avatar, if there be no mead then an ale would do fine. Didst thou want a drink of any sort madame?" Paladin asks her as he stands and walks towards the bar area where Avatar is searching. Getting a drink for himself and anything Psyren requests, he starts walking back towards the table.

Seeing the short man enter soon after him, Paladin stops near him to offer a greeting. "Hail to thee and welcome to the Resolutes Sir Gremlin."

Noticing the TV as it is turned on, Paladin becomes distracted looking at it with a puzzled expression on his face. Walking over to it, he reaches out to touch the screen. Jumping slightly as the static shock discharges through the fingers of his gauntlet with a zap, Paladin scowls at the box and his right hand starts to move toward his sword.

El Jefe

First Post
Salix said:
"Can any of the rest of you do anything unusual?"
Avatar spoke up. "Well, like I said before you walked in, I do all kinds of things, but nothing anyone couldn't do with a little talent and training. What probably got me on this team was healing...sometimes, I can make someone better just by touching them." "That, and the fact that if you blow me up, I can put myself back together", he thought wordlessly. Well, really, they could put him back together. Whatever they were.

Bront

The man with the probe
"Water would be nice," Monique says.

Seeing Paladin reach for his sword Monique should "No!". Paladin feels the something around him seem to tighten around him for a second before releasing, a rather odd sensation. Monique blushes slightly but continues, "Mon Ami, don't destroy the tele, it is harmless."

Accross the television, a few images flash accross of the rescue in LA, and the Bridge incident, spliced in with a red headed woman in a bikini and later a mini-skirt and high heals, finaly focusing on the woman (who seems quite familiar to anyone in the room), before "The Resolutes: Supers at your Service" splashes across the screen. This is then followed by a beer comercial.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Bront said:
"Water would be nice," Monique says.

Seeing Paladin reach for his sword Monique should "No!". Paladin feels the something around him seem to tighten around him for a second before releasing, a rather odd sensation. Monique blushes slightly but continues, "Mon Ami, don't destroy the tele, it is harmless."
"Aye milady, if you say so. I had heard tales of crystal balls, but never thought to see one. So many strange things in this place."

Bront said:
Accross the television, a few images flash accross of the rescue in LA, and the Bridge incident, spliced in with a red headed woman in a bikini and later a mini-skirt and high heals, finaly focusing on the woman (who seems quite familiar to anyone in the room), before "The Resolutes: Supers at your Service" splashes across the screen. This is then followed by a beer comercial.
Paladin stares hard at the screen of the television, then turns wide eyed to stare at Psyren. His cheeks flush red and he involuntarily turns back to the TV screen until the beer comercial begins. The spell broken, he finally turns and walks back to the table where Psyren sits. Handing her the bottled water, he sits down and mumbles something about how not all the changes in this world appear to be bad things. He seems a little at a loss for anything to say at the moment.

Salix

First Post
Gremlin watches the commercial then looks over at Psyren and says with a sly grin, "If they need another redhead in a bathing suit for the next commercial give me a call." He gets up to help himself to a glass of water.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Salix said:
"Paladin, I'm assuming your good with that sword. What else can you do? Can any of the rest of you do anything unusual? It would be nice to know in case another emergency comes up, and we get the call."

Finally looking up and realizing that someone else had spoken to him, he finally turned to answer the question..."Yes Sir Gremlin, my sword Excalibur serves me very well in combat. It's sharpness is unrivaled. My shield and armor also aid me greatly with their protective capabilities, keeping me alive to continue fighting till the last evil is defeated."

El Jefe

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
"Yes Sir Gremlin, my sword Excalibur serves me very well in combat."
Ok, now Avatar had heard enough. Excalibur? One of perhaps the most valuable half-dozen of all artifacts of human existance, along with Longinus, the Sangreal, the Ark of the Covenant, and...well, a few others. It couldn't be the real Excalibur. It couldn't. It...he'd seen stranger things. And these were the Resolutes. Anything was...possible.

"I know that blade as Caliburn", he announced to the room and to Paladin in particular. He straightened. "Have you ever heard it called by that name?" "Careful", he thought, "have to watch the tone of that voice. Don't want it to sound like a challenge, now." It seemed like he'd get to the bottom of this soon enough.

Bront

The man with the probe
Salix said:
Gremlin watches the commercial then looks over at Psyren and says with a sly grin, "If they need another redhead in a bathing suit for the next commercial give me a call." He gets up to help himself to a glass of water.
"I will tell them, but I don't think high heals fit you, no?" Monique says. "I know not why they make me wear other uniforms if this one I realy wear. Is this not ok uniform?"

Salix

First Post
Bront said:
"I will tell them, but I don't think high heals fit you, no?" Monique says. "I know not why they make me wear other uniforms if this one I realy wear. Is this not ok uniform?"
"It looks great from where I'm sitting", the small man replies, a sly grin appearing on his unattractive face. Settle down, she's way out of your league, he thinks to himself as he hears the knight's reply.

"Paladin, it's alright to leave the knight routine at the door. You don't need to put on a show,we're all professionals here. Noone is going to mouth off about your real identity",
he says in a calm tone. What's UP with this joker?*

OOC:*Roleplaying only, I'm liking the character. Pretty good mix in here in general. It would be nice to get this group into an adventure. :D

Remove ads