HQ: The 'Ready Lounge'

Velmont

First Post
Sergeant stays silent and read the newsapaper. He looks at teh international section and seldom turn the head to listen the conversation. When Gremlin asks to Paladin to stop his show, he looks at Paladin for a moment, to see his reaction. He know little Paladin, but he already think the reaction will not be a good one.

Phoenix8008

First Post
El Jefe said:
"I know that blade as Caliburn. Have you ever heard it called by that name?"
"Indeed Sir Avatar, Caliburn is it's old name. But the new name of Excalibur sounds more interesting and is known here in the modern day. Ahh, when it was known as Caliburn, I defeated the Saxons at Bath, used it in single combat with Roman governor Frollo outside Paris, and in my battle with the Roman army commanded by Lucius. The sight of Caliburn spurred my troops onward and the enemy's armor gave them no protection from its power. Of course, in the end even it's power was not enough to save me from treachery and defeat."
Salix said:
"Paladin, it's alright to leave the knight routine at the door. You don't need to put on a show,we're all professionals here. Noone is going to mouth off about your real identity"
"What do you mean by 'my real identity'? I have told you that I am Arthur Pendragon, the weilder of Excalibur forged in Avalon, granted to my by the Lady of the Lake, and now returned to me by ...well...I believe it was Merlin but I cannot be sure."

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
"Gremlin, the UN allowed for a don't ask, don't tell policy for identities, so he's welcome to not tell us," says Monique. "I hoped that by people knowing me that it might encourage others to join, but not everyone iz in spotlight before, no?"

"Besides, he can't remember," she blurts out, before blushing a bit and sinking back into her chair.

Velmont

First Post
"Sir." interrupt Sergeant "What trouble him is that it is the first time he saw a king, at least one that is a legend and that was supposed to live some 1500 years ago. Before the fall of the meteor, you would have been considered some kind of fool. But since the fall of the meteor, this world have seen more than his share of unusual things."

He stands up and walk up to Paladin. He tell him respectfully "You might be familiar with the Great Britain of the fifth or sixth century after the birth of the Christ, but two millenium after, the world have changed greatly, but the men didn't much. I'll gives you two advice that will help you greatly to handle things in our time. First, present yourself with your codename. Not everyone will react good to you if you tell you are a man that everyone thought dead for over a millenium. Second thing, the man have lived without magic during a long time, but have devellop many tools that might look like it. Television, radio, airplane, and automatic door for few. I can tell you all of this is the result of man intelligence and if you meet magic, it will be an exceptionnal event. If you doesn't understand a piece of technology, just ask one of your teammate, we are all here to help each other."

El Jefe

First Post
Phoenix8008 said:
"Indeed Sir Avatar, Caliburn is it's old name. But the new name of Excalibur sounds more interesting and is known here in the modern day. Ahh, when it was known as Caliburn, I defeated the Saxons at Bath, used it in single combat with Roman governor Frollo outside Paris, and in my battle with the Roman army commanded by Lucius. The sight of Caliburn spurred my troops onward and the enemy's armor gave them no protection from its power. Of course, in the end even it's power was not enough to save me from treachery and defeat."
"Well, well, well", thought Avatar, he's certainly done his homework." Either the man was a certified nut, or he had quite a schtick, or...naw, he couldn't be the real deal. But surely the Resolutes must have seen something in him, so if he was a nut, he's a nut that's pretty good at something or other. "I'd really like to get a good look at that blade...it's got the right furniture to be sixth century..." His thoughts trailed off as the conversation continued with the others. Wouldn't be the first fake he's seen. Wouldn't be the first time he'd seen the real deal, either.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Bront said:
"Besides, he can't remember," she blurts out, before blushing a bit and sinking back into her chair.
Paladin's eyes narrow as he stares hard at Psyren. Suddenly she feels a mental shield form, blocking her from so easily accessing his thoughts again.* "I see that you are right that men, and women, have not changed much. For even in my time the women were very good at beguiling you with their beauty whilst stealing your secrets to give unto others."
Velmont said:
"Sir." interrupt Sergeant "What trouble him is that it is the first time he saw a king, at least one that is a legend and that was supposed to live some 1500 years ago. Before the fall of the meteor, you would have been considered some kind of fool. But since the fall of the meteor, this world have seen more than his share of unusual things."

He stands up and walk up to Paladin. He tell him respectfully "You might be familiar with the Great Britain of the fifth or sixth century after the birth of the Christ, but two millenium after, the world have changed greatly, but the men didn't much. I'll gives you two advice that will help you greatly to handle things in our time. First, present yourself with your codename. Not everyone will react good to you if you tell you are a man that everyone thought dead for over a millenium. Second thing, the man have lived without magic during a long time, but have devellop many tools that might look like it. Television, radio, airplane, and automatic door for few. I can tell you all of this is the result of man intelligence and if you meet magic, it will be an exceptionnal event. If you doesn't understand a piece of technology, just ask one of your teammate, we are all here to help each other."
"I thank you for your advice Seargent. I will bear it in mind when dealing with the difficulties of this age. The truth is you all are right in a sense. I may well have a 'real identity', but as our mind-witch has ferreted out I no longer possess sure knowledge of that identity. I have some vague memories of a life in this 'modern world', but my memories of a life as Arthur Pendragon are sure and strong. I suppose I may somehow be the spirit of Arthur brought forward and reincarnated into a new body. Whether Merlin was capable of this I know not. But it was an old bearded man in a 'trenchcoat' that gave me the sword, shield, and armor which seem to have caused this transformation. In truth, what scares me is the thought of what might happen if I remove the items. Would I change back? And if so, would I be able to return to this form by putting on the items again? These are the thoughts that trouble me the most."

*Paladin's Mental Shield power from his armor/helmet. Any other attempts will need a save.

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Phoenix8008 said:
Paladin's eyes narrow as he stares hard at Psyren. Suddenly she feels a mental shield form, blocking her from so easily accessing his thoughts again.* "I see that you are right that men, and women, have not changed much. For even in my time the women were very good at beguiling you with their beauty whilst stealing your secrets to give unto others."
"Pardon, still working on control. Iz not intentional." Monique says appologeticly. Her eyes dart back at him at the witch comment, but she says nothing.

Last edited:

Salix

First Post
Bront said:
"Pardon, still working on control. Iz not intentional." Monique says appologeticly. Her eyes dart back at him at the witch comment, but she says nothing.

Don't sweat it Psyren. It took me years to get my powers under control. Just be ready to deal with what you see if you peek into some of the heads around here. I imagine we've all seen a lot of not so nice things., the dwarf says to the charismatic heroine. Turning to Paladin he says, "Sorry, I didn't realize there could be an explanation like that. I didn't mean to offend." Poor guy's got a screw loose. Have to keep an eye on him if we get into some action. Hope he gets his head straight

El Jefe

First Post
Salix said:
I imagine we've all seen a lot of not so nice things.
"Some of us more than others", thought Avatar to himself. He took another sip of his drink, and pondered the consequences if Psyren tried to snoop around inside his head. He decided he'd probably get slapped, and tried to think cleaner thoughts. At least, cleaner thoughts about Psyren.

Bront

The man with the probe
Salix said:
Don't sweat it Psyren. It took me years to get my powers under control. Just be ready to deal with what you see if you peek into some of the heads around here. I imagine we've all seen a lot of not so nice things., the dwarf says to the charismatic heroine. Turning to Paladin he says, "Sorry, I didn't realize there could be an explanation like that. I didn't mean to offend." Poor guy's got a screw loose. Have to keep an eye on him if we get into some action. Hope he gets his head straight
"It just happens sometimes. Sometimes' its hard to tell you're not talking," Monique says with a sigh. "First time it happened, I was scared. I ran, and stage has scared me since. Still, it's not right of me, and I try not to intrude."

OOC: anyone with a pop culture of at least 1 can probably read all those sblocks now :)

Remove ads