• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

HQ: The 'Ready Lounge'

Velmont

First Post
CPU has started well, but the greater number of ball of Gun Monkey has started to hinder him, allowing to be almost catch up. "Nice... now I should do somthing constructive if I don't want to lose." CPU pocket a ball, but the white end just behind the black, blocking his line of sight on his last ball. He finally choose to place the white in a far coner with more or less success, giving a not so difficult shot for Gun Monkey.

"Chip. That's your name? Your turn, Gun Monkey. Chip, you should not bother that much about that. It's not what you know that make what you are, but what you do. I don't tell you not to try to learn new tricks, but start to use the one you have. Experience is better over theory anyway."

Bront

The man with the probe
Gun Monkey goes on a roll, and sinks a few, but finaly misses, but locks the Que ball behind one of his. "You're up."

"He's right though Chip. Many tribes in Africa value experience in their leaders. It seems to be important, and comes with age."

OOC: Out of touch + unlimited access to TLC and the Discovery Channel bring forth a dangerly odd mind.

Velmont

First Post
"You can't give it easy, right?" He looks at the table. Only one of his ball left. He needs to pocket it, but it will be hard. "Perfect line between the cue ball, my ball and the hole... and yours is just in the middle of my easy shot... Hmmm... why not." He start to aim at his ball just as Gun Monkey's one is not in the way. He hit the cue ball who jump over the first ball and hit the second who go straight for the pocket.

"Yes!" says joyously CPU, turning his back to the table to looks at Chip. Just as he want to add something, he hears another ball falling in a pocket. He turns around and see the white ball missing. "Ratz! Too good to be true! I'm giving that game on a silver plate."

Bront

The man with the probe
Gun Monkey takes the que and sets it for a good shot. He finishes his last two balls off, and then points at a hole, and then promptly pockets the eight ball there. "You were doing so well, it's a shame you scratched. I think that's the term."

Velmont

First Post
"Yes. Well, I have a lack of consistency in this game. One day I finish the game in to turn, the other, the ball seems not to roll for me. I'll take my revenge next time."

Bront

The man with the probe
"Well, I'm sure it's just begginers luck." Gun Monkey says.

He puts his stick away and grabs some juice to drink befor he sits down.

Gideon

First Post
Turret

You could hear the soft sound of his wheelchair between the heavy steps of his guide. The pair moved quickly through the corridors, the guiding tech looking less that comfortable with his assignment. The poor tech hadn't had a good day. Timothy had arrived early and had worked the tech all day unloading his exoskeleton and running a series of tests and diagnostics on every aspect of the machine.

When they reached the door to the Ready Lounge the young tech let out the barest of sighs. Timothy heard it and smiled.

You'll feel good for doing a hard day's work, son.

Timothy looked over at the kid and gave a very small smile. "You did a good job today."

The young tech had been dismissed. Taking a deep breath, Timothy looked up at the door.

"Timothy Zaron."

With a soft whish the doors slid open revealing the ready room and its occupants. Tim gave two swift pushes with his arms and rolled into the room.

Timothy is a lean hawkish looking man that is wearing simple jeans and a plain black T-shirt. He moves about in his clean and kept but entirely plain wheelchair. His hair is salt and pepper and worn in a slightly loose buzz cut.

"Hello, I'm Timothy Zaron."

Rybaer

First Post
Chip looks up from his latest grizzly demise on the Playstation. He hoists a can of Pepsi in the newcomer's general direction by way of greeting.

"Hey there!" he says. "I'm Chip, but you can call me Kid Dinosaur if you like."

He quickly downs a swig of soda and returns his attention to the game.

Bront

The man with the probe
Gun Monkey waves to the new commer almost absentmindedly while watching Chip play his game, apparently quite facinated.

Bront

The man with the probe
Mission Hook

Most of the sounds in the Ready Lounge go silent except for several TVs displaying news reports of various kinds. All seem focused on one event.

The report over the main speaker sounds, to one of the news stations, "...the quake is reported to be at least an 8.6 on the Richter Scale, though that has not been confirmed. Massive damage to the Los Angeles area, with streets and structures colapsing from the damage. Huge pileups where motorists lost control of their cars on several of the major roads will likely delay help from ariving. There have been no reports of casualties yet, but they are expected in an earthquake of this magnitude. For those of you just joining us, an earthquake of immense power has just rocked the Los Angeles area..."

Many of the other reports are the same, showing pictures of buildings damaged or colapsed, cars in knots on the roads, and people panicing in the streets.

The announcement speaks crackles to life as a female voice comes over the loud speaker. "All available Task Force members, please report to Briefing Room B immediately for dispatch." The door to Briefing Room B slides open, and those in the Ready Lounge can see a table with several chairs and monitors awaits.

Gun Monkey gets up and begins to make his way to the Breifing Room when his commlink crackles to life "Gun Monkey, please report to Training Area A Immediately." He doesn't look particularly happy as he heads out of the Ready Lounge through the main entrance.

OOC: For those interested, please head to Briefing Room B.

Last edited:

Remove ads