HS1 - The Slaying Stone - my poor reviewing skills review

Festivus

First Post
See your hidden (big time) spoiler block for short descriptions of their gimmicks:

[sblock]I'm really curious about what the following monsters do/how they're different from others:

Orc Wolf Shaman - Artillery with some neat encounter and bloodied powers. Encounter power he can summon a spirit wolf that then charges through several creatures and makes an attack on each.
Ravenous Wolves - Skirmishers that bite you and then drag you away
Bloodmonger Wolves - Soldier dogs that bite you and mark you... you will want to attack then when they mark you... trust me
Goblin Beast Marshall - Leader that allows it's allies to shift when you move even remotely close to them
[/sblock]

Jools

First Post
Two out of three of those maps are absolutely lovely (the small bridge map and the large map). This is looking like an essential purchase. Thanks for the pics!

Jhaelen

First Post
Thanks for the review!
Awesome. Nice maps. Thanks for the pictures!
+1!
The poster map really turns this one into a must-buy for me.

The adventure sounds more interesting than I would have thought, too. I'd probably have to replace all of the encounters with something a bit less 'standard' if I was going to run it.

the Jester

Legend
I gather that this module is one booklet instead of two?

That can't help but be an improvement, imho. I just hope all the info for a given encounter is near that encounter.

Festivus

First Post
I gather that this module is one booklet instead of two?

That can't help but be an improvement, imho. I just hope all the info for a given encounter is near that encounter.

It's a cardstock cover which is stapled to 32 pages in a single booklet with a fold out map in the middle that isn't attached to anything. Very much reminds me of the old 1E adventures with two exceptions

1: The cover is stapled to the adventure
2: It's full color inside

Rechan

Adventurer
Setting aside the context of the adventure.

Are there any exceptional encounters? Ones that stand out as worth mining from the adventure - like the Well of Demons from Thunderspire?

In other words, is there anything in there that's valuable to those who don't run the module, but are looking for useful things?

Remove ads