• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Human Breath World Record?

DerianCypher

First Post
Okay,

I've checked google with no avail and I was just wondering if anyone could help me find the world record for the longest human breath held... like, who held there breath for the longest and how long was it? I'm actually trying to end a debate here... I say somewhere around 7min and the person I'm arguing is saying somewhere around 15min, and freedivers doing those 15min. That seems way high b/c I remember dolphins can only hold their breath for about 30 mins.

All your help is appreciated!

DC

rigur

First Post
Check this out

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/allnews/content_objectid=13073654_method=full_siteid=50143_headline=-DIVER-SMASHES-RECORD-name_page.html

DerianCypher said:
Okay,

I've checked google with no avail and I was just wondering if anyone could help me find the world record for the longest human breath held... like, who held there breath for the longest and how long was it? I'm actually trying to end a debate here... I say somewhere around 7min and the person I'm arguing is saying somewhere around 15min, and freedivers doing those 15min. That seems way high b/c I remember dolphins can only hold their breath for about 30 mins.

All your help is appreciated!

DC

Last edited:

Krieg

First Post
For what it's worth Bellingrath's achievement was made possible by pre-breathing 100% oxygen & isn't officially recognized.

The record without using aids (ie pure oxygen) is 8min 6sec by Martin Stepanek of Czechoslovakia.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads