• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Humanoid race with a Str bonus

Aleolus

First Post
Hey all. I have a friend who is currently getting a half-giant started in a campaign we're playing in. She wanted a race which got a Str bonus, but looked essentially human in appearance, and was 'cute' (meaning, no Cha penalty). No more than a +1 LA, as well. Any suggestions, people? Give me some choices, here!

Kat'

First Post
Found the following at Crystalkeep's:

Neanderthal (Frostburn): +2 Str +2 Con -2 Dex -2 Int: me Tarzan, you Jane.

Wood elf, as said above (MM): +2 Str +2 Dex -2 Con -2 Int

Lizardfolk (MM): +2 Str +2 Con -2 Int, LA +1

Earth Mephling (Planar Handbook): +2 Str +2 Cha -2 Dex -2 Int, LA +1

Darfellan (Stromwrack): +2 Str -2 Dex

Starbuck_II

First Post
Found the following at Crystalkeep's:

Neanderthal (Frostburn): +2 Str +2 Con -2 Dex -2 Int: me Tarzan, you Jane.

Wood elf, as said above (MM): +2 Str +2 Dex -2 Con -2 Int

Lizardfolk (MM): +2 Str +2 Con -2 Int, LA +1

Earth Mephling (Planar Handbook): +2 Str +2 Cha -2 Dex -2 Int, LA +1

Darfellan (Stromwrack): +2 Str -2 Dex
Wait, I thought Lizard folk had HD as well. You should include ECL as well.

Dragonwriter

First Post
The Darfellan are an interesting choice, but generally are much better suited to aquatic campaigns (hence being in Stormwrack).

Nonetheless, they can function on land, though just not as well as other humanoids.

(And yes, Lizardfolk have racial HD giving ECL 3 IIRC)

PwrMnky

First Post
Strong cuties

You might also want to check "Races of Stone." The dream dwarves and whisper gnomes may be something to check out. (also the Stonechild, but that may be too powerful for your campaign)

The dream dwarf is this hippie-earthy-crunchy type that actually gets a bonus to it's CHR.

... maybe even a chaos gnome.

... I've always liked gnolls. Maybe she could fashion it to look like a Husky as opposed to the wild-heyna type.

-P Monkey-

Remove ads