• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hurricane Katrina / Disaster Relief

Del

First Post
Grand plan. I myself am turning the e-Sprawl home page into a clearinghouse for refugee information and service of private information retrieval via the internet, for people outside the area.

There is no way to contact people in the area via internet though, except for those running reliable wireless inside the disaster area, if that.

Last edited:

ledded

Herder of monkies
Thanks to any and all who have given up some help for the gulf coast. I live in Birmingham, AL, which thankfully was far enough away that we didnt get any truly significant damage, but I know folks in that region who are hurting in a major way. Several of them I havent heard from in days and just hope they are faring ok.

FickleGM

Explorer
Any gesture, no matter how small, is greatly appreciated by all in times like this.

At my place of employment, we have various fund raising efforts for times like these. It always feels good to be able to help, but it sometimes makes it easier to gain support from more people if there is a little extra on the other end as well (for example, there is going to be a brat sale next week with proceeds going to help the hurricane relief, so people can help out and get lunch as well).

Straight donations are great, but not everyone justifies expenditures in the same way so making the decision easier for people is just another way to garner more support.

I hope that everyone can find some small way to help, even if it is just keeping the people affected in your thoughts and tolerating any extra costs that we may have to bear (such as gas costs).

ledded

Herder of monkies
Again, thanks to any and all who have tried to help in this disaster.

For those who would like to see how the actual civil servants on the ground in Lousiana feel about the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, you need to watch this clip of an interview with the President of Jefferson Parish, who has been there the whole time attempting to help the people of his area.

http://www.zebrality.com/media/2005/aaron_broussard.mov

Remove ads