• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hybrid Rules and DDI subscription

lexoanvil

First Post
with that set up thunderwave is kind of a beast combined with Elemental Empowerment (+4 damage based on str mod) and so long as you keep picking wizard powers that deal elemental damage. this feat is normally limited to genasi wizards whom normally don't have str as their main stat and has wonderful synergy as a result.

lexoanvil

First Post
Right. . .but in this case, of a Genasi FighterWizard, Multiclass is much better. If a Genasi Fighter Paragon Multiclasses as a Wizard, he will have half of his attacks as wizard powers that *mark* as a fighter. A max level character like this can mark everyone he sees with Legion's Hold. Awesome!

The hybrid version is a little weaker than that.

Jay
as for marking and acting as a defender i would agree. but also i know many people who hate the idea of a 4 feat investment for a full multi class. and more who feel pargon multiclassing is a complete waste when compared with other pp. so your getting VERY different things with both options and are not directly comparable.

lexoanvil

First Post
im also under the impression that the PHB3 will likely contain PP and more feats that will make classes whom might not share as much synergy as you like more balanced; however this is pure speculation on my part. not seeing the book as a whole gives us a pretty hard time in figuring out how effective hybrids in general will operate much like the play test classes from DDi whom lack their second build and have little to no feat support.

I just thought about giving hybrid talent as a bonus feat if you paragon multiclass... Maybe this would make it very viable (you get a very powerfull feat back for your investment, and get a cool ability from your second class)

Turtlejay

First Post
Not bad. Since the most powerful abilities (Sneak attack, marking) are given away, it wouldn't necissarily be that broken. I wonder how it would work in practice.

Great idea!

Jay

lexoanvil

First Post
I just thought about giving hybrid talent as a bonus feat if you paragon multiclass... Maybe this would make it very viable (you get a very powerfull feat back for your investment, and get a cool ability from your second class)
i think giving an action point related ability like other PP would go a long way too.

lexoanvil

First Post
Not bad. Since the most powerful abilities (Sneak attack, marking) are given away, it wouldn't necissarily be that broken. I wonder how it would work in practice.

Great idea!

Jay
i think there are a few potential combos that could be trouble but really if you just use common sense and limit the players ability to stack similar bonuses; aka avenger and monks gaining ac while not using armor and such should likely not stack.

Remove ads