• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Hydellor OOC

tglassy

Adventurer
I don't think I ever put down Liam's arcane focus. it's an obsidian rod that he uses as his walking stick. It's roughly three and a half to four feet long, made of obsidian, with silver runes etched into it. Not long enough to be a staff, though I suppose he could club someone with it if he wanted.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
I don't think I ever put down Liam's arcane focus. it's an obsidian rod that he uses as his walking stick. It's roughly three and a half to four feet long, made of obsidian, with silver runes etched into it. Not long enough to be a staff, though I suppose he could club someone with it if he wanted.

No problem. Go ahead and update your sheet with it, and yeah, I'll let it be used like a club.

Archon Basileus

First Post
@KahlessNestor, my rolls!

http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=150048

4D6.HIGH(3) = [2, 4, 5, 5] = 14
4D6.HIGH(3) = [3, 2, 1, 1] = 6
4D6.HIGH(3) = [5, 1, 1, 1] = 7
4D6.HIGH(3) = [5, 1, 5, 4] = 14
4D6.HIGH(3) = [5, 4, 5, 4] = 14
4D6.HIGH(3) = [5, 5, 5, 3] = 15

I'm cooking up the character with these and I'll send a draft to you until tomorrow! Sorry for the delay, but I've been under the weather - as mentioned elsewhere - and I had to do a long shift today, so....

Oh, and the stats gave me an idea. I've also been reviewing some of the group's chars, and it might be easy to play with a more malleable character. Considering the dice, I had another idea.

The character descends from a cursed bloodline. The curse degenerates body, mind or both as time passes. His driving goal is to find a cure. At first, he sought the help of the Church of Paladine. From then on, desperation might have led him to seek out faster solutions, making him abandon the church as he becomes a sell-sword and tries to save himself and his kin (his older brothers are getting closer to death at an alarming pace, and he's soon to follow). As for his lower stats, well.... I was thinking to place one of them on constitution and another on wisdom (I know it will make it all more difficult, but it would also reflect a frail health and a lack of common sense, leading the man towards desperate measures).

His enemy would be the author of the curse, a mysterious warlock (probably something more, like a demon, ifrit, spirit...) that tried to rid himself of the character's bloodline (for succession and legacy reasons, mainly). He thinks he might try and kill the warlock to lift the curse, or at least force him to undo the deed at some point. His three older brothers are his family. He has some adversaries left within the church of Paladine by now, his lack of faith revealed as he lost his powers and left the creed behind.

So, when you get this... Well, tell me what you think!

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
1. You have the option, if you don't loke the stats you rolled, to default to the standard array of 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, 8. You can keep what you rolled, if you like, but just wanted to be sure you knew you had that option.

2. Concept looks fine, but one big problem. You said you were playing a paladin. Paladins get their spells and abilities from a god, There's no "I believe really hard" for paladins and clerics. If you want to play a sort of fallen paladin, then maybe a fighter with the Acolyte background would work, and you could pick up paladin levels when you find faith again. That can be roleplayed out.

3. Hope you feel better!

Sent from my SM-G900P using EN World mobile app

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
I really enjoyed how you guys interacted with the intro posts and digging into the world (and for feeding my creativity to develop parts of the world).

So everyone gets 1 Inspiration.

Remove ads