D&D 5E Hydellor OOC

tglassy

Adventurer
The full Mystic class has been released, and I'm liking it. A lot more options. My main problem with it is that they changed the Third Eye Disciline's focus to Darkvision instead of Blindsight, which really doesn't make sense because there's a new discipline, Master of Light and Dark, which grants the equivalent of Devil's Sight when you focus on it, rendering Darkvision obsolete.

DM, if we can keep that to blindsight instead of darkvision, I'll write up a final character sheet using the new rules and ask for approval. I know we've already started, but it should be pretty close to what I have now, with one more discipline and one less talent. It'll also let me decide if I'm going to be a melee fighter or a psychic blaster, because after that last battle, I'm just not sold on the whole melee fighter thing. I feel Liam would be better suited with some jedi mind tricks rather than just hitting people.

tglassy

Adventurer
And if that's not allowed, I think I'll change it anyway, and make him a ranged fighter. Cause there's a Discipline called Nomadic Arrow that, when focussed, ignores disadvantage when using ranged weapons, thus letting him fire even when blind (which would just impose disadvantage).

Having already started, I really don't want to just nix the blind part. It gives him character.

tglassy

Adventurer
Hydellor OOC [Recruitment Closed]

OK next question. With the Third Eye I am able to activate Tremorsense. But most of my psychic attack abilities required me to be able to see the target. Blindside gets around that because it lets me see without eyes. What about tremorsense? If I detect someone with tremorsense does that count as seeing them for the purposes of psionis skills and abilities?

Sent from my iPhone using EN World mobile app

tglassy

Adventurer
Wonderful!

Here's my updated character sheet. I had to rearrange his disciplines due to the new rules, and I had to think about what I wanted in my character. We have plenty of front line fighters (fighter and barbarian) skill monkeys (rogue and bard) and a blaster (sorcerer). That really means I can make him what I want, and I decided I want him to be the mysterious psychic, so instead of focusing on flashy powers, physical strength, or being the ultimate skill monkey, I decided to focus on the mental abilities. Attacks, charms, extra senses. All while standing still, appearing to be the worthless blind guy. Basically, that just meant a rearanging of the powers he hadn't used yet. Otherwise, he's pretty much the same.

So for your consideration:

[sblock=Liam]Race: Scourge Aasimar Class: Mystic (Awakened) 1
Homeland: Arideen
Background: Hermit Alignment: Chaotic Good
Sex: Male Age: 30 Height: 6'2" Weight: 200lb Size: Medium
Senses: Blind
Speed: 30 ft.

Abilities:
STR 15 +2
DEX 14 +2
CON 14 +2 (13 base, +1 race)
INT 17 +3
WIS 11 +0
CHA 16 +3 (14 base, +2 race)

Proficiency: +2
Saving Throws: Intelligence, Wisdom
Skills: Arcana, Religion, Medicine, Perception, Persuasion, History
Armor: Light Armor
Weapons: Simple Weapons
Tools: None
Languages: Common, Celestial, Deep Speech

Combat
Initiative: +2
Defense
Armor Class: 14 (Studded Leather: 12+Dex)
Hit Points: 10
Hit Dice: 1d8
Attacks:
Mind Thrust: Int Saving Throw DC 13/1d10 (+2 if focusing on Psychic Assault)
Club (Walking Stick): +4/1d6+2
Handaxe: +4/1d6+2 (Thrown)

Features and Traits
Celestial Resistance: Resistant to Radiant and Necrotic damage.
Healing Hands: Once per day, can heal someone you touch up to your level in hit points.
Light Bearer: You know the Light Cantrip

Cantrips:
Light

Psionic Talents (like Psychic Cantrips):
Mind Thrust
As an action, you target one creature you can see within 120 feet of you. The target must succeed on an Intelligence saving throw or take 1d10 psychic damage.
The talent’s damage increases by 1d10 when you reach 5th level (2d10), 11th level (3d10), and 17th level (4d10).

Psionic Disciplines:
(Can use Psychic Focus as a bonus action and maintain indefinitely (independent of concentration effects), but must use Psionic points for related abilities. Do not have to be using the Focus to use the abilities. Psionic points expended are limited by level. At level 1, can only spend max 2 points on any one ability)

Third Eye
Nomad Discipline (Level 1 choice)
You create a third, psychic eye in your mind, which you cast out into the world. It channels thoughts and knowledge back to you, greatly enhancing your senses.

Psychic Focus. While focused on this discipline, you have blindsight with a range of 30 feet.

Tremorsense (2 psi; conc., 1 min.). As a bonus action, you gain tremorsense with a radius of 30 feet, which lasts until your concentration ends.

Unwavering Eye (2 psi). As a bonus action, you gain advantage on Wisdom checks for 1 minute.
Piercing Sight (3 psi; conc., 1 min.). As a bonus action, you gain the ability to see through objects that are up to 1 foot thick within 30 feet of you. This sight lasts until your concentration ends

Truesight (5 psi; conc., 1 min.). As a bonus action, you gain truesight with a radius of 30 feet, which lasts until your concentration ends.

Psychic Assault
Awakened Discipline (Subclass choice)
You wield your mind like a weapon, unleashing salvos of psionic energy.

Psychic Focus. While focused on this discipline, you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls with psionic talents that deal psychic damage.

Psionic Blast (1–7 psi). As an action, choose one creature you can see within 60 feet of you. The target takes 1d8 psychic damage per psi point spent on this ability.

Ego Whip (3 psi). As an action, choose one creature you can see within 60 feet of you. The target must make an Intelligence saving throw. On a failed save, the creature takes 3d8 psychic damage, and it is filled with self-doubt, leaving it able to use its action on its next turn only to take the Dodge, Disengage, or Hide action. On a successful saving throw, it takes half as much damage.

Id Insinuation (5 psi). As an action, choose one creature you can see within 60 feet of you. The target must make an Intelligence saving throw. On a failed save, the creature takes 5d8 psychic damage, and it goes into a fury, as its id runs rampant. On its next turn, it can use its action only to take the Dodge or Attack action. On a successful save, it takes half as much damage.

Psychic Blast (6 psi). As an action, you unleash devastating psychic energy in a 60-foot cone. Each creature in that area must make an Intelligence saving throw, taking 8d8 psychic damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. You can increase the damage by 2d8 if you spend 1 more psi point on this ability.

Psychic Crush (7 psi). As an action, you create a 20-foot cube of psychic energy within 120 feet of you. Each creature in that area must make an Intelligence saving throw. On a failed save, a target takes 8d8 psychic damage and is stunned until the end of your next turn. On a successful save, a target takes half as much damage.

Mantle of Awe
Awakened Discipline (Subclass choice)
You learn to use psionic energy to manipulate others with a subtle combination of psi and your own, natural charm.

Psychic Focus. While focused on this discipline, you gain a bonus to Charisma checks. The bonus equals half your Intelligence modifier (minimum of +1).

Charming Presence (1–7 psi). As an action, you exert an aura of sympathetic power. Roll 2d8 per psi point spent on this ability; the total is how many hit points worth of creatures this option can affect. Creatures within 30 feet of you are affected in ascending order of their hit point maximums, ignoring incapacitated creatures, creatures immune to being charmed, and creatures engaged in combat.
Starting with the creature that has the lowest hit point maximum, each creature affected by this option is charmed by you for 10 minutes, regarding you as a friendly acquaintance. Subtract each creature’s hit point maximum from the total before moving on to the next creature. A creature’s hit point maximum must be equal to or less than the remaining total for that creature to be affected.

Center of Attention (2 psi; conc., 1 min.). As an action, you exert an aura of power that grabs a creature's attention. Choose one creature you can see within 60 feet of you. It must make a Charisma saving throw. On a failed save, the creature is so thoroughly distracted by you that all other creatures are invisible to it until your concentration ends. This effect ends if the creature can no longer see or hear you or if it takes damage.

Invoke Awe (7 psi; conc., 10 min.). As an action, you exert an aura that inspires awe in others. Choose up to 5 creatures you can see within 60 feet of you. Each target must succeed on an Intelligence saving throw or be charmed by you until your concentration ends. While charmed, the target obeys all your verbal commands to the best of its ability and without doing anything obviously self-destructive. The charmed target will attack only creatures that it has seen attack you since it was charmed or that it was already hostile toward. At the end of each of its turns, it can repeat the saving throw, ending the effect on itself on a success.

Equipment
Club (obsidian rod with silver runes etched into it, used as a walking stick), Handaxe, Scholar's Pack, A scroll case stuffed full of notes from your studies or prayers, a winter blanket, a set of common clothes, an herbalism kit
Trinket: A silver badge in the shape of a five-pointed star.

Money: 77gp

Personal Characteristics
Description:

Hermit
Feature: Discovery
The quiet seclusion of your extended hermitage gave you access to a unique and powerful discovery. The exact nature of this revelation depends on the nature of your seclusion. It might be a great truth about the cosmos, the deities, the powerful beings of the outer planes, or the forces of nature. It could be a site that no one else has ever seen. You might have uncovered a fact that has long been forgotten, or unearthed some relic of the past that could rewrite history. It might be information that would be damaging to the people who or consigned you to exile, and hence the reason for your return to society.

Trait: I often get lost in my own thoughts and contemplations, becoming oblivious to my surroundings.

Trait: I am working on a grand philosophical theory and love sharing my ideas.

Ideal: Self Knowledge: If you know yourself, there's nothing left to know.

Bond: Should my discovery come to light, it could bring ruin to the world.

Flaw: I like keeping secrets and won't share them with anyone.

Contact: Brother Loren, a priest in the Church of Paladin, and who mentored me in my youth, and oversaw my seclusion at the monastery.

Foe: My brother, Kael, who is a Fallen Aasimar, and with whom I have had a rivalry that has lasted my whole life. This rivalry recently turned deadly.

Friend: Faria, a young woman who lived at the monastery I secluded myself to. We developed a friendship while I was there, until her family called her back from the monastery a while ago. I have not seen her since.
[/sblock]

If you approve, I'll put it in the rogues gallery and make my post.

tglassy

Adventurer
Yes. I want ahead and listed the other abilities so they would be there as he leveled up. But for example, he would not be able to use the piercing sight to see through solid objects because it requires three psi points and he can only use two at a time. He wouldn't be able to do that until level 3.

tglassy

Adventurer
Hydellor OOC [Recruitment Closed]

And for the abilities where he can choose how many Psi points to use, he can only use up to two at a time right now. As he levels up, those become more powerful. It would be like using a higher spell slot.

And since he only has four psi points to begin with at level one, he really can't do too much right now. It isn't until level 3 that he starts being able to use a good number of Psi points, and then At level five it really starts to pick up

Remove ads