[hypothetical] what if PCs KILLED Drizzt??!! (the burning question)

eXodus

Explorer
what if a party slew everyone's favorite or least favorite drow ranger!!??

i was inspired by the same question on another board in which i will not name.

the question was posted based on a party that was going to try to take on our black-skinned boy drizzt.

a few of the folks posting on it were offering up strategies, and a few others were mentioning what might happen in the grand scheme should some foolish pcs take out drow boy numero uno.

i want to know what you folks think.

firstly how would a party best remove the dual-wielding menace from the face of faerun, and secondly then what would happen?

which friends, allies, fiends, and enemies of mr. do'urden would then be gunning for the party?

errtu? bruenor? artemis? wulfgar?

i am very interested in the thoughts of the boardmembers.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
I've thought about sending my players against Drizzt, too. :D Still, he's got a bit too many allies, I fear... :(

J'quan

First Post
The contingencies built into the swords would repeatedly cast Finger of Death over and over on you until you died, and it would then Twinkle would polymorph itself into Stormbringer just long enough to eat your soul.

Dravin

Explorer
Don't kill him, capture him and get his butt back to the underdark as soon as possible and have him sacrificed to Lolth.

MasterOfHeaven

First Post
First off, Drizzt (as presented in the FRCS) is not that tough. An equal level PC could take him out rather easily, especially if they were a Fighter type. So that's not a problem.

Second, if he died, it would be just like any other NPCs death. His friends would probably try to avenge him, but they aren't that tough either, unless of course you're going to say Lady Alustriel or another Edmunchkin goes after the PCs for killing Drizzt. Drizzts just another NPC... no more, no less.

graydoom

First Post
The world would eventually be destroyed because of something that Drizzt would have stopped, except that he's dead now.

Bhadrak

First Post
What if a party slew everyone's favorite or least favorite drow ranger!!??

An interesting question, but not a very sensible one.

A more rational question to ask is why would a party want to kill Drizzt?

If they were good aligned, it would be remarkably silly for them to be taking out one of the great champions of good.

And if you were playing evil, I mean really and truly playing evil, taking out Drizzt would be a waste of valuable resources. Instead of wasting your time hunting down the elusive drow, you should be out fireballing preschools or something equally vile. After all, if you're going to be evil, be EVIL.

Secondly, Drizzt is performing a valuable service for the forces of evil, though he does not yet realize it. His presence, and the presence of equally munchkinlike goody two-shoes drow are allowing the dark elves to gain greater acceptance in the world above. In a few hundred years, you'll find drow living in every major city in the world. And then, the true terror will begin! ;)

Remove ads