• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I also have the books [merged] (info on upcomming Power sources and more)

uber42

First Post
Most important to me: Do you feel it would be easy to make home brew material (compared to 3.5)? Namely, is it still ridiculing complicated to make a new monster? My greatest hope for 4e is that it will allow me to (more) quickly make new things for my game.

vagabonvoid

First Post
Anything for Unarmed combatants? Are there feats like in SW saga edition that ramps up the unarmed damage or effectiveness?

If you can, give us a taste, I know many of us are waiting to find out if they can build a pugilist character.

Rechan

Adventurer
This thread title says there's info about new power sources. Where is that?

uber42 said:
Most important to me: Do you feel it would be easy to make home brew material (compared to 3.5)? Namely, is it still ridiculing complicated to make a new monster? My greatest hope for 4e is that it will allow me to (more) quickly make new things for my game.
I spoke a litlte about that here in the DMG section. I don't think it will be too hard.

Caliber

Explorer
uber42 said:

In my opinion, you will be stupidly happy with 4E. At least, I am! :D

Caliber

Explorer
Rechan said:
This thread title says there's info about new power sources. Where is that?

Check pg 54 of the PHB. The very bottom right corner of the page says "Future power sources include elemental, ki, primal, psionic, and shadow."

Since we've been told there will be 8 power sources total, there you are.

Incenjucar

Legend
I'm pretty sure they mentioned Elementalists at some point (Which is wonderful -- I was suggesting them back during the setting search, along with shape-altered classes), so I frankly expected it.

Hopefully elementalists will be big on persistent effects rather than blasting, as has been my vision.

jedrious

First Post
vagabonvoid said:
Anything for Unarmed combatants? Are there feats like in SW saga edition that ramps up the unarmed damage or effectiveness?

If you can, give us a taste, I know many of us are waiting to find out if they can build a pugilist character.
no Unarmed love at all, it's a 1d4 improvised weapon that can be used as a basic melee attack

MatrexsVigil

First Post
Post removed.

Yup, we're excited for the new game too, but copying information from illegal PDFs will get you banned. Don't do it. Feel free to discuss the information or provide snippets, but violating copyrights isn't something we want to see. ~ PCat

Last edited by a moderator:

jedrious

First Post
ok, guys, I've got writing to do(and I know have solid mechanics to work with), I'll check back here periodically if people have more questions

Ondo

First Post
Caliber said:
Since we've been told there will be 8 power sources total, there you are.
Actually, what we've been told is that there are 8 power sources "that should take care of basically 90% of the classes they foresee making".

Remove ads