• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I also have the books [merged] (info on upcomming Power sources and more)

Voss

First Post
Lurker37 said:
The lightly armoured, mobile finesse fighter now goes by the name of Ranger. Despite the name of 'Ranger', this class has no magic, no animal companion, and doesn't even necessarily know that much about nature.

By the same token, anyone wanting to play a woodsman with druidic magic and a trained attack lion/tiger/bear/(oh my!) is SoL for now.

Hooray and hooray, respectively. Though to be fair, D&D has never supported a mobile finesse fighter. At least not well. You certainly couldn't do it effectively with the fighter class.

Khaalis

Adventurer
Upper_Krust said:
Curious about the number of epic monsters in the book (a general ballpark figure will do), and who are the top ten highest level (or should that be by XP Value I suppose) monsters in the book (Name, Level & Role)?

The Top 10:

1) Orcus - Level 33 Solo Brute
2) Ancient Red Dragon - Level 30 Solo Soldier
3) Tarasque (Abomination) - Level 30 Solo Brute
4) Runescribed Dracolich - Level 29 Solo Controller
5) Godforged Colossus - Level 29 Elite Brute
6) Efreet Karadjin - Level 28 Soldier
7) Sorrowsworn Deathlord - Level 28 Lurker
8) Earthrage Battlebriar - Level 28 Elite Brute
9) Atropal (Abomination) - Level 28 Elite Brute
10) Adult Blue Dragon - Level 28 Solo Artillery

By epic, did you mean Elites? If so about 90.
If you meant "epic Tier" ... about 75.

Ishmayl

First Post
I think they hired weapons consultants on the images of weapons - some of them look much more realistic and are better represented than all the previous editions.

Ulthwithian

First Post
Cool stuff, all.

The question I have regarding the Warlock powers is:

If a Warlock power says it is associated with a given Pact, do you need to have that pact to pick the power? E.g., if I'm a Star pact Warlock, can I choose Infernal pact powers?

Looking forward to hearing more. :)

RigaMortus2

First Post
Matrix Sorcica said:
I'm a bit let down that there's reused art in the MM. You'd think that in a production of this magnitude, Wizards could afford ten more illustrations or so......

This isn't unusual. In fact, 3E is the only edition DIDN'T recycle old art.

LostInTheMists

First Post
Class Templates

Hey folks!

Since my books are still a few weeks off (they're going to be a Father's Day gift from my wife), could someone give examples of a few of the "class templates" that were mentioned? I've been dying to know how those work.

Thanks!

RigaMortus2

First Post
Would like to re-ask... Can we get any info on alignments? Is Neutral Good and Chaotic Good rolled into Good? Do Paladins have to be Lawful Good, or can they be of other alignments? Any other classes have alignment restrictions?

Any other info you can give regarding alignments?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads