• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I Am An Orphan And Have No Friends

SpringPlum

First Post
I've had a couple of characters that were orphans. The first one was an orphan because the DM asked me if I would be willing to play one. It turned out later that I was the half-sister of another PC. The second one was an orphan because the other PCs all had exstensive families and I wanted to do something different. My current character had a pretty happy childhood and 2 supportive parents--which I'm sure will somehow come back to haunt me but that's part of the fun!

Aulayan

First Post
No one gets to enter one of my games anymore without written background on their character.

Interesting off topic note. I have problems coming up with backgrounds. At least for a first level character. It always seems so boring and bland.

My GM can attest to what I did for my most recent character. A nice 3 page biography....about my character's family weapon. :D

I admit I got a little carried away. Though each section of it was only a paragraph, with a little detail on the wielder of the time. :sighs: I'm just unable to do good bg's unless they involve drama. And it's so cliche to have a 1st level PC going around seeking revenge. 8th level PCs are where it's at.

Ok, back on topic now:

Dark Dragon

Explorer
Only one of my PCs is an elvish orphan (he was separated from his parents when drow attacked the village. He was picked up by a trader and brought to the next city and lived there with other orphans until he was sold as a slave...).

The other PCs knew their parents, sisters and brothers and met them casually. Sometimes the relatives were involved in adventure stories (the sister of my paladin was a rogue...;) ), but in most cases, they're a stable point in an adventurer's career.

My second active PC (a 16 year old feral human) has recently married. He tries to be at home as often as possible, although his curiosity puts him on the road from time to time.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads