I am DMing my first session...

Tinker Gnome

Explorer
Well, the person who DMed the game before me(my older brother). Told me that i was being too easy on them, and that i was not DMing "real" D&D. he even admitted to fudging the dice in his favor 50% of the time when he DMed And he made his character soley to cretae conflict on the group. And he said he was going to "oversee" my DMing, and that i could not argue with him when he change dsomething. So bascially he is a player, but he is also the DM. I am seriously considereing killing off his character, and then if he asks me why. i will say the you asked me to go harder on you.

Emirikol

Adventurer
You have my sympathies. TIP: Get yourself a copy of Dungeon magazine instead of creating your own adventures. It's not worth it to create your own adventures when you can instead take one that's already written and make a few changes instead.

jh

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Em does raise a good point. Either use that or invest in Necromancer Game mods. They are by far the best and certainly helpful in keeping players in line. ;)

shilsen

Adventurer
Galeros said:
Well, the person who DMed the game before me(my older brother). Told me that i was being too easy on them, and that i was not DMing "real" D&D. he even admitted to fudging the dice in his favor 50% of the time when he DMed And he made his character soley to cretae conflict on the group. And he said he was going to "oversee" my DMing, and that i could not argue with him when he change dsomething. So bascially he is a player, but he is also the DM. I am seriously considereing killing off his character, and then if he asks me why. i will say the you asked me to go harder on you.

First tell him about Rule 0: No back-seat DM-ing. And no killing his PC. You should have him charmed, mutilated, haunted, possessed, confused, and weeping in a foetal position instead. Death is way too easy on PCs :D

Tinker Gnome

Explorer
shilsen said:
First tell him about Rule 0: No back-seat DM-ing. And no killing his PC. You should have him charmed, mutilated, haunted, possessed, confused, and weeping in a foetal position instead. Death is way too easy on PCs :D

Yeah, the only problem with that is. He would literally physcially force me from me DMing position if i said the first thing to him. He weighs a hundred more pounds than i do, and does not mind doing this in front of the other players. Man, i cannot wait till he leaves for college. Then i can finally DM without him bugging me. We play at my house, and he lives with me, so it is sort of hard to ignore him. Espeacially when he can come in my room through the balcony. I keep telling my parents to change that lock. :(

Remove ads