• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I bought the d20 Past book!

cuteasaurus

First Post
And some of the prestige classes are really cool... "Frontier Marshal" "Mesmerist" "Spiritualist"...maybe I should've left the book at home...;)

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
cuteasaurus said:
And some of the prestige classes are really cool... "Frontier Marshal" "Mesmerist" "Spiritualist"...maybe I should've left the book at home...;)
No take with everywhere you go. You need to read so we can get your opinion. :)

cuteasaurus

First Post
Sadly, no. However, I realized yesterday that the Barnes and Noble right next door (the huge one on the Harbor) actually has a fairly large gaming section. Hooray! Of course I'd be more excited if they had the d20 Modern Sourcebook in stock...

The_Universe

First Post
cuteasaurus said:
I really dig the frontier marshal - it's a good class. I'm under the impression that the mesmerist is really just a powered-down version of the telepath (from D20 Modern), which is at least somewhat puzzling since I don't think the telepath really *needed* to be powered down.

On the other hand, I do think the spiritualist is cool, and it certainly fits the late Victorian genre well. Obviously, that one chapter doesn't cover the old west as well as Sidewinder: Recoiled does, but the really nice thing is that they can easily work together.

The_Universe

First Post
cuteasaurus said:
Sadly, no. However, I realized yesterday that the Barnes and Noble right next door (the huge one on the Harbor) actually has a fairly large gaming section. Hooray! Of course I'd be more excited if they had the d20 Modern Sourcebook in stock...
Yeah - it has the disadvantage of being a relatively old book. I think it came out in the fall of 2001?

You can get d20 Modern for $19.95 at half.com.

Additionally - you can get Sidewinder and d20 Modern at Amazon for around $50 (special buy them together deal). And free shipping!

Xath

Moder-gator
cuteasaurus said:

I love that Barnes and Noble. They've always had a relatively decent selection of RPGs, and they're pretty good about ordering stuff for you if they don't have it. Since they order from WotC anyway, they can just incorporate your order into their next shipment request.

Remove ads