I could use some advice

LostSoul

Adventurer
Umbran said:
Really, why are names a big deal?

What's in a name? A rose by any other name would smell just as sweet.

I don't know. Names are a quick label that can define a character just as much as anything else.

ForceUser

Explorer
[UPDATE]

The campaign starts this Saturday. I've had the opportunity to peruse my character and the DM has told me his background. The character is a 3rd level Paladin with no access to any Paladin powers. As the story goes, he was once a crusader for a militant arm of the church. He did his duty for years, slaughtering many heathens and heretics in battle. He rose to the rank of Knight-Bachelor and married his female commander. Then one day the church orders him to murder a heretic's child. He balks at the order and instead resigns his commission. Since his wife doesn't understand why he's disobeying orders, he drops her a Dear John letter and flees like a coward in the night.

Eventually, he arrives in a far western province of the kingdom and...starts over I guess...as a hired sword for an expedition to another land.

I don't really understand why the character can't be a fighter until he multiclasses into paladin, but I'm trying hard not to argue or criticize. The DM wants the character to level as a paladin, but he will have no access to any paladin powers for a long time, until he becomes a "true" paladin. He says he'll make it up to me in the end. I guess he means he'll lavish my character with phat loot or something.

The premise of the story is cool. Everyone in my group will hate me, though, because they're heathens. Gives me an excuse to be a hardass.

Remove ads