I Got Into College!

My college advice: 1. Go to class. 2. Don't get wasted on school nights - save it for the weekend. 3. Never schedule a class before 10:00am (11:00 is even better).

And congratulations!

ssampier

First Post
:uhoh: 10 is quite late for some classes. I think most of my classes started at 8:30 or 9 (7 am classes are still too damn early though).

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Lets see...

1) Congrats!

2) Moderation in all things: You don't want to miss out on too many opportunities as a young independent adult in the city, but you also don't want to do your own personal impression of Icarus.

3) Speaking as someone with multiple degrees, I have to agree that your school's placement service is probably underutilized by most of the school's attendees. USE IT! And while you're at it, don't be afraid to network with profs & fellow students who share your interests. Some of my most important lessons came at a Prof's dinner table, and some of my best connections were made as an undergrad.

4) Congrats!

VorpalWarrior69

First Post
I'll only add on that in my experience, what college you went to, and your grades at that college only matter for helping to get your first job after college. After that, its all based on your experiences working. As a person who stressed out quite a bit over grades, I wish I'd known that. Have fun! Toronto is beautiful. I spent a lot of time driving through Toronto on my way to from the airport to Guelph, which honestly, wasn't beautiful.

moritheil

First Post
Congratulations.

My advice is to always take reasonable risks if given the chance. College is the last place in which such activity will not have far-reaching consequences.

(I mean offending people, talking to strangers, and the like, not . . . unreasonable risks.)

Arnwyn

First Post
VorpalWarrior69 said:
I'll only add on that in my experience, what college you went to, and your grades at that college only matter for helping to get your first job after college. After that, its all based on your experiences working.
Agreed... but that is very much kind of the important thing. That first job (which is based on your grades) is where it all begins...

Out of all the things to stress over, it should be your grades. (It paid off hugely for me, at least.)

Megaton

First Post
Yeah, and grades also translate into grad school opportunities if you want to start off with an even better first job.

Remove ads