I got Monte Cook's World of Darkness

Jadasc

First Post
jaerdaph said:
That's an interesting concept. Could you tell me more about this invading other soul?

It's a really neat way of reconciling two concepts:

"The World of Darkness is a lot like our own, and the changes have arrived so quickly that people haven't yet had the chance to adapt."

and

"Part of the fun of playing a vampire is getting to be really wicked old, like Lestat or Angel or Spike or Lacroix."

So you're both a modern person from the 21st century *and* a person with a terrible past from years or decades or centuries gone by. And you, as part of your character concept, can decide how much you want to emphasize one over the other.

Last edited:

Jadasc

First Post
Arashi Ravenblade said:
So is trying to recreate OWOD characters in d20 out of the question? it was really my only draw to this book. Being able ot take my power house Gangrel and seeing how he would stakc up in d20.

I worked up some of my favorite oWoD characters as practice. You may notice that some of the things you used to be able to do are no longer there, and others don't require the prerequisites they once did.

(I'm tempted to create a "Thaumaturgy" Discipline that grants vampires access to the Blood Magic gnosis feat if they meet the other requirements. A vampire with this feat has one Component, plus one for each level of Blood Potency he takes -- the rest has to be made up using vitae to lower the requirements.)

Droogie

Explorer
Too bad they used the overwrought d20 Modern skills. I've been spoiled by Star Wars SAGA.

Still, I would love to try this game, and I've never really been exposed to WoD before, save for the Vampire the Masquarade:Bloodlines computer game.

I'm chomping at the bit to play a werewolf. :)

Remove ads