I have finally arrived (as DM)

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
ForceUser said:
So there they were, swarmed by stirges sucking the lifeblood out of them. The party scout, in a foolish bid to lighten the cavern so he could see the number and disposition of creatures they faced, fired an arrow with the light spell cast upon it into the thick of the nesting stirges. When the horde descended, the characters cursed him and the players laughed.

In the middle of the fight, with half the party at half-Constitution and attached to multiple stirges each, the rogue's player turns to me, points, laughs, and says "Man, you're a rat bastard DM!"

I don't think I've ever had a more rewarding moment in D&D. It's nice to be recognized and appreciated for your efforts. :cool:

And, now, comes the lulling into a renewed, false sense of security... ;)

Luthien Greyspear

First Post
Ah yes, that magical moment when they realize that you WILL kill them if they give you the chance.

It takes me back to the time that I blew away my own fiance's character because she had the gumption to identify herself as the party leader to the sniper's accomplice. The entire group just stared at me for about two or three minutes trying to imagine the hell my life would be after the session was over.

Fortunately for me, she thought it was a great session.

That's when you know you can get away with ANYTHING.:]

Taloras

First Post
So far, I havent yet gotten to that point. I told the players I would take it easy on them until they reach 7th level or so.....they are at 5th right now. hehe.....

devilbat

First Post
In the middle of the fight, with half the party at half-Constitution and attached to multiple stirges each, the rogue's player turns to me, points, laughs, and says "Man, you're a rat bastard DM!"

Congratulations, and welcome to the club. I happened to take out 2/5 fifth level characters with stirges myself last session. Ahhh, how rewarding it is to have a party quivering in fear of CR 1/2 creatures.

SgtGrimm

First Post
ForceUser said:
The party scout, in a foolish bid to lighten the cavern so he could see the number and disposition of creatures they faced, fired an arrow with the light spell cast upon it into the thick of the nesting stirges.

I still don't think it was foolish, I was blind in that cavern. I just need to find a better way to see in the dark :D

OK, maybe it was a little bit unwise, but it'll stay famous for a long time....

I'm still dreading what the Captain will do when he finds out I got one of his precious spellcasters killed on an unauthorized mission. At least we accomplished the mission - I wouldn't be surprised with either a promotion or a demotion.

The Thayan Menace

First Post
Words From a Master ....

ForceUser said:

I don't think I've ever had a more rewarding moment in D&D. It's nice to be recognized and appreciated for your efforts.
111502_Rick_james.jpg

"TPKs are a hell of a drug ...."​

Remove ads