• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I have the Eberron Player's Guide and Kingdom of Ghouls

DerekSTheRed

Explorer
Seems all powers that were ranged before (weaponwise anyway) have been changed to melee or ranged. So yes, you can make a cool melee artificer.

I do not see anything about artificers and alchemy, but they could just take the feat if they want even more stuff to make. Which they need in order to take the PP (unless they want to give up ritual casting, ofc).

I didn't see anything mentioned about mage-bred animals, and there are no new mounts. No new uses for skills that I saw either.

So maybe the mounts and mage-bred animals will be in a future AV or the 4E ECS. I know the Valenar in 3.x prided themselves on their mage-bred horses. I was hoping they would say something about those along with the dragonhawks of Aundair and mage-bred bears of Breland.

What's the implements for an artificer? Is there any changes, did they change those powers that had both implement and weapon as a keyword?

Does the "supporting characters" section for Kobolds describe the different tribes in Q'barra and elsewhere being connected to the dragons Eberron, Khyber and Syberis?

Jack99

Adventurer
Back on topic, can we hear a bit more about E2? Perhaps just the names of New monsters / magic items therein.

Monsters
Covenant Cultist – 21 minion brute
Sewer Revenant – 24 minion brute (nasty minion that has an aura that does 10 damage
Doomguard Mercs – 24 minion brute (extra damage on crits these ones)
Decaying Mummies – 23 minion brute (aura that weakens and does damage)
Fleshglutton Supplicant – 23 minion (attack and shift 3 + death attack)
Fleshglutton Bileguard – 24 soldier (fairly standard soldier, with a small surprise)
Fleshglutton Corpse Eater – 24 brute (yeah, I am in love – my players will hate this monster)
Fleshglutton Favored One – 25 controller (could be nasty, might be a tad boring)
Ghoul Stalker - 25 skirmisher (Don’t get immobilized by these guys. Or stunned. 4d8+18+3d6 is nasty when there can easily be more than one next to you)
Ghoul Gatherer – 25 controller (aura’s can just be nasty)
Ghoul Warrior – 24 soldier (zzzz)
Black Bloodspawn Hunter – 25 skirmisher (really cool too – beware the tongue!)
Black Bloodspawn Devourers – 25 brute (same tricks as the one above more or less – a pity)
Black Bloodspawn Bone Collector – 25 elite brute (better have a lot of range damage or its going to be one short day)
Black Blood Hydra – 26 solo brute – (if you are a melee, you will be stuck with 30 ongoing damage most of this fight – I love it!)

Items:
White Kingdom Boneclaw, level 28, +6 light blade which allows you to summon a abyssal horde ghoul as a daily
Sorrowsong Blade, level 29, +6 heavy blade that deals half psychic damage
Audaviator, artifact that allows you to teleport as a standard action to a preconfigured teleportation circle

Jack99

Adventurer
What's the implements for an artificer? Is there any changes, did they change those powers that had both implement and weapon as a keyword?
Rod, staff and wands. I can't seem to find a power that has both implement and weapon as keyword.

Does the "supporting characters" section for Kobolds describe the different tribes in Q'barra and elsewhere being connected to the dragons Eberron, Khyber and Syberis?
No. Might be in the campaign guide though.

Jack99

Adventurer
So maybe the mounts and mage-bred animals will be in a future AV or the 4E ECS. I know the Valenar in 3.x prided themselves on their mage-bred horses. I was hoping they would say something about those along with the dragonhawks of Aundair and mage-bred bears of Breland.

They do actually mention the warhorses in the last chapter. No stats or anything though.

Hellcow

Adventurer
(Popping in from a hotspot at UK Games Expo...)
Problem is that in the end rare becomes rather common. Still Eberron probably does have a good way of limiting dragonmarks regardless of what your players want; the simple fact that the dragonmarked houses are the greatest political entities in Khorvaire and they are not above assassination when it comes to retaining the purity of their bloodlines and the absolute control of their dragonmarks for instance.
Correct. Mechanically, there are no restrictions. But both the EPG and ECG note that the marks are tied to specific races and families. The ECG highlights that a PC who develops an out of house mark might be the first member of his race in history to do so, and that the houses could very well decide that extermination is the proper response. So MECHANICALLY marks are available to everyone. But if your campaign is set in Eberron, it's something a player will want to discuss with the DM. It's something that CAN create many interesting stories, if it's what the PC and DM want - but it's certainly within the DM's rights to hold people to the houses (whether with an iron hand or with the "Do what you want, but remember what happened to the Line of Vol... do you really want your entire family to be targeted for extermination to prevent your unnatural mark from spreading?" approach).

I'm not in a position to say more, and now that I'm on the road I won't have time to anyways. But you've got the mechanics of the marks, and you've got their role in the setting - and if you're playing in Eberron, both are equally important.

DerekSTheRed

Explorer
I'm running out of questions for the player's guide (everything else will have to wait until the ECG) so here's my last one. Can you describe in general terms what the artificer feats do and what the multi-class artificer feat gives you.

Thanks.

Atlatl Jones

Explorer
I'm running out of questions for the player's guide (everything else will have to wait until the ECG) so here's my last one. Can you describe in general terms what the artificer feats do and what the multi-class artificer feat gives you.
While you're at it, could you describe the Changeling racial feats?

Thanks!

pweent

Explorer
Regarding "Anyone can have a Dragonmark!":

Since even Hellcow seems to be talking around the point a bit, I'd like to point out the following line from the Eberron Campaign Guide posted yesterday on WotC's site:

Dragonmarks that appear outside these bloodlines are called aberrant marks, whether they're recognized marks appearing on people not connected to the mark's normal bloodline, or unusual marks beyond the recognized twelve.

So yes, your Warforged character can carry the Mark of Making. You now officially have an aberrant Dragonmark. And all that that implies (see: War of the Mark).

Since this was the spin I was already planning to use in my Eberron campaign if the subject came up, I'm very pleased to see that it is in fact the official line in the setting guide.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads