• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I just read "Tarzan of the Apes"

Warrior Poet

Explorer
Joshua Dyal said:
That's why I'm writing my own Sword and Planet stories. :heh: I'm trying to not just rehash Burroughs though--if I can't bring something new to the table, why bother? I have no ambition to publish them; I don't think anyone's buying Sword and Planet these days, so I'll just post them online. I'm just writing them for fun anyway.
Cool! Have you posted any thus far? If so, where?

Warrior Poet

D'oh! Looks like I opened my bit mouth about a month or two too early--I haven't posted much of it yet--only the very first chapter as a matter of fact, and even then it's only a first draft. I wasn't quite ready to go live. I've got a few more written, and several more plotted out, but I need to "html-ize" and upload them, which will require a little bit of time.

Still, what'll I get from this thread; maybe four or five hits? What the hey. :eek:

http://www.freewebs.com/jdyal/

Last edited:

ShrinkyLink

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
But I still love my Ballantine paperback copy with the Neal Adams painting of Tarzan leaping out of the trees with his knife to attack Terkoz, who stands their bellowing back at him and loosely holding Jane by the hair in one hand. To me, that's the iconic Tarzan image right there; savage yet righteous fury personified.

Came late to this thread, but yes! That's the same edition I have, and I agree wholeheartedly with you. Although when it comes to favourite Neal Adams, I've always adored his cover to 'The Beasts of Tarzan' just a wee bit more.

barsoomcore

Unattainable Ideal
Joshua Dyal said:
I have no ambition to publish them; I don't think anyone's buying Sword and Planet these days, so I'll just post them online.
I'm buying.

I'm not paying much, it's true, but hey, they say it's the thought that counts. :D

Joshua Dyal said:
Trust me, it's no fun. Luckily, I only know that second-hand, not first-hand, but I'd bet barsoomcore would validate that feeling.
:eek: :confused: :( :\

damiynn

First Post
Read all the others

Rmember that there are like 23 in the series and all of them are good except i think the last one which comes out I think of Erb notes rather than his own imagination. After Tarzan be sure to read his pellucidar series as well, excellent books

damiynn said:
After Tarzan be sure to read his pellucidar series as well, excellent books
For some real wackiness, check out Tarzan vs. Predator At the Earth's Core. How in the heck Tarzan, or even moreso the Predator(!) gets into Pellucidar is beyond me, but I'm sorely tempted to get a copy of this baby. I'll probably enjoy it in the same way you enjoy really silly B-movie science fiction.

Attachments

• Tarzan-predator.gif.jpg
    Tarzan-predator.gif.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 59

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads