• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I just wanna thank YOU! (Rave)

Khur

Sympathy for the Devil
Hey everyone!

I just wanted to take a moment to get all touchy-feely about something important to me. You see, my life's been pretty good lately. I got married a year ago, moved across the country, and I started doing freelance editing for Wizards of the Coast. I couldn't have pulled off this latter feat without help, trust, encouragement, and many chances to hone my skills. For these things, I'd like to thank the following persons:

Steve Creech (d20 Zines and Bastion Press): For just about everything from giving an enthusiastic and opinionated guy a chance to providing a doorway to bigger opportunities. (Loot too!) Your creativity and magnanimous influence are much appreciated by many more than just me.

Ian Johnston (Silverthorne Games): For giving me my first editing job, and second, and third, and so on. Your imagination, patience, and generosity are a great example for a churl like me.

Kim Mohan (Wizards of the Coast): For giving an passionate gamer a chance in the "big time," guidance, and helping me to know when enough is enough.

David K. Hurd and Lawrence Whalen Jr. (MonkeyGod Enterprises): For giving me my first real writing chance, even though I broke the rules. ;) Hats off to the MonkeyGod d20 division. You're good folks from whom others should take an example. Mirage Illumination and Frozen Tropic will see daylight, guys.

W. Jason Peck (Citizen Games): For giving me my first nonfantasy writing job—Kansas for Masterson’s Guide to the High Plains (unpublished). Hats off to Citizen Games. Sidewinder still rocks.

Robert J. Williams (Gaming Frontiers): For letting me write reviews (and the associated loot)! Where are you, Robert?

Neal Levin (Dark Quest Games): For letting me do dozens of characters and write some cool dwarf prestige classes. (You gonna use those, Neal? ;) )

Monte and Sue Cook (Malhavoc Press): For passive encouragement and resources via your websites, and for publishing Paushen Pugwhistle—my first effort to see print (instead of PDF).

Wil Upchurch (Fantasy Flight Games): For the Legendary Class Contest! Props from a 2nd-level freelancer (about to level up).

The Legendary Class Contest Gang, especially Malcolm Davies, Clifford Horowitz, Paul W. King, Scott Moore, and Wade Nudson. It was great working with you on that. Sorry I couldn't do more. If any of you guys are out there, drop me a line.

You, the EN World Community, without whom I wouldn't have made as much headway as I have. Information is indeed power, people.

Gygax, Arneson, Mom,, and Dad for that little red box under the Christmas tree when I was 9 years old!

Tolkien, Weis, Hickman, Howard, and many more—for sparking a kid's imagination

Thanks again to all of you. If I left anyone out, please let me know, and thank you too. And for those struggling to fulfill similar dreams, keep at it. May your efforts pay off!

Please post here if you have any questions or something to say, no matter who you are.

Sincerely and with humble gratitude,

Chris Sims, a.k.a. Khur

:D

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Khur said:
The Legendary Class Contest Gang...Scott Moore It was great working with you on that. Sorry I couldn't do more. If any of you guys are out there, drop me a line.

:uhoh: Weird. That's my name, but, so far as I know, I'm neither "Legendary" nor part of the "Class Contest Gang. Are you really telling me that there is another person with this name in the halls of gamerdom?

I know that it isn't a really rare name or anything, but it isn't "John Smith". Now I don't feel like a unique, pretty snowflake anymore. :(

Torm

Explorer
Doncha just hate it when they start playing the "get off the stage music" too early and ya feel rushed? ;)

Sounds like a cool job - much better than kicking PCs around til they work right like I do. :D

Henry

Autoexreginated
Torm said:
Sounds like a cool job - much better than kicking PCs around til they work right like I do. :D

*rubs shins* OW! STOP THAT! :mad:

Khur, sounds like you've had some really good fortunes of late, and a stellar group of people to work with. My kudoes to you, sir!

Khur

Sympathy for the Devil
Rel said:
Now I don't feel like a unique, pretty snowflake anymore. :(
Just because there's another snowflake in the blizzard with similar features, that doesn't remove your uniqueness. The Scott I know is a creative guy, so maybe you have that trait too, and that's not too shabby. Further, maybe (just maybe) I spelled his name wrong. :confused:

Last edited:

Remove ads