• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E I love the 5e Succubus

Shemeska

Adventurer
Succubi detached from devils can now breed and it appears to be the primary was they reproduce vs. evil souls like most other fiends, so that's a big difference because it frees them more from the lower planes then other fiends.

Dispite not being the most powerful fiends, the breeding means they can invade any realms and grow in numbers in time, which in one way makes them the scarest of fiends who depend more on damned souls to build thier numbers up.

Demons and yugoloths (with lots of specifics for lesser versus greater 'loths) could breed amongst their own kind in 2e and 3e. With some exceptions that varied by edition, only unique devils could procreate. Succubi being able to breed would be a direct continuation of the 2e/3e lore on demons, and not a major difference between them and most other fiend types.

gyor

Legend
According to the ecology of the Succubus article Malcanthet has a very, very, very different origin.

In the past Malcanthet was born from an evil soul in the Abyss and fought with other powerful Abyssal Succubi for the title of Queen of the Succubi.

In this verison she starts out as an Angel of Love! A paragon of good who just wanted the world to be a paradise for all.

Asmodeaus lies to her, there is a rebellion, she becauses a devil and she leads an invasion of the Abyss, only like Grazzt in 4e to be corrupted by it, becoming a demon prince.

Alternately in FR in the Sundering novels Malcanthet is serving Asmodeus in Hell. For now.

Steely Dan

Banned
Banned
According to the ecology of the Succubus article Malcanthet has a very, very, very different origin.

In the past Malcanthet was born from an evil soul in the Abyss and fought with other powerful Abyssal Succubi for the title of Queen of the Succubi.

In this verison she starts out as an Angel of Love! A paragon of good who just wanted the world to be a paradise for all.

Asmodeaus lies to her, there is a rebellion, she becauses a devil and she leads an invasion of the Abyss, only like Grazzt in 4e to be corrupted by it, becoming a demon prince.

Alternately in FR in the Sundering novels Malcanthet is serving Asmodeus in Hell. For now.

Thanks, I will happily ignore all of that Angel of Love/Sundering malarkey; I am so glad I stick to original canon for worlds, no Time of Troubles/Spellplague, Prism Pentad, Age of Mortals, Grand Conjunction, Faction War meddling meta-plot action for me, thanks.

That was another great thing about Al-Qadim, no busybody writers messing with the setting.

Oryan77

Adventurer
You guys are nuts. The babe on the cover of Dragon Magazine #354 always did it for me. That's gotta be one of the most provocative poses ever printed in D&D. It just screams, "Come and get me big boy!"

Remove ads