I must confess

Imreis

First Post
Brutal Bonegrinder said:
One day I hope they make a MMORPG for D&D, different expansions for different realms and rules, that sort of thing.

They did i thought? its been shown on the official DnD website quiet a while back. In fact i remember them having a free trial for it when it first debuted.

also, from what ive heard, Marvel is coming out with there own mmorpg, created by the company who did City of Heroes/Villains. LOtR has a mmorpg out as well.

Honestly though, dont really care about them myself. not the biggest fan in the world of games like that. Sure, there good for some people but i dont care for them. I havent liked them since Evercrack oops i mean Everquest. :)

Magi_Nashira said:
A friend of mine refers to CoH and CoV as "paper dolls for grown-ups" because of the costumes. :cool:

Lol that is funny because World of Warcraft, the game itself calls the little character shape that you dress up and equip a 'paper doll'

Aesynil

First Post
They did indeed make a D&D MMO, called Dungeons and Dragons Online, or DDO for short. I played it for a few months, maybe, but they've made a -lot- of changes since then. It was definitely amusing, but not my cup of tea; you ended up being forced into making your characters too cookie cutter for my tastes.

Eve Online is what I play now...Amusing game, far more...Immersive? Iuno. Worth looking into, definitely.

Imreis

First Post
i think the Paper Doll term is a wide spread MMORPG thing because anyone i know who plays those kind of games refers to it as a Paper Doll. whats cool yet sad. COH/COV released in Korea recently and with it came a promotional deal where you get a extra disk that just as the paper doll program on it.

Anywhere online i looked where you could download it said they had to take it off line because of the company getting on there case about it. Sucks but true

Kallikrates

First Post
Must...listen to...Mortis...She...commands me...

*coughs and clears his throat*

Now I actually want to play Disciples...

*looks around*

Where is it...

Imreis

First Post
ok, just so i can tease the WOW players. COH/COV for the halloween event have this neat thing where you go trick or treating. you got up to doors and either get a treat (temporary powers or costumes for your character) or a trick (a random battle with either zombies, werewolves, witches, vampires or ghosts)

now come on, thats just funny. *knock knock* "hi im a villain who robs banks, can i have candy?"

Zeren

First Post
Uhm...WoW has that too?

You go to the innkeeper?

*knock-knock* Hi I'm an undead warlock who has slain thousands of humans in Goldshire! Gimme candy?

PWNd.

Remove ads