• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I now have a 42" touch table, oh boy

Littlejohnt

Villager
If you guys are still working on this I would love any info. I am working on this project as well. I just got 8 of these for our district and I am working on it as well both for our elementary school and our D&D club.

bjohn

Villager
I just acquired a smart table 442i and hacked it, put windows 10 and the smart table drivers and it works like a touch screen. I have tried it with roll20, with the chrome extensions for touch screen, and it works great. my group and I are trying to figure out the best way to use this when we can get back together again.

I someone gets one of these and wants to know the process let me know and I can get all the links for everything I used and my process to get this working. I will say that I had to hunt down a new computer for this as the one it came with was an i3-3217u, very slow. I hunted down a new one and I am working on intergrating it now, it has an i5-5827u, 8gb ram and ssd.
Would love to know how you Got Windows 10 on it I tried on one and now it the screen no longer displays. I believe its a driver issue but would love to get it working again. Got another to try on but hesitant to crash the OS.

Littlejohnt

Villager
I just acquired a smart table 442i and hacked it, put windows 10 and the smart table drivers and it works like a touch screen. I have tried it with roll20, with the chrome extensions for touch screen, and it works great. my group and I are trying to figure out the best way to use this when we can get back together again.

I someone gets one of these and wants to know the process let me know and I can get all the links for everything I used and my process to get this working. I will say that I had to hunt down a new computer for this as the one it came with was an i3-3217u, very slow. I hunted down a new one and I am working on intergrating it now, it has an i5-5827u, 8gb ram and ssd.
I got 8 of these recently. The first one I put Windows 10 on I just took the i3-3217, and threw more memory in it and then I put an ssd from a laptop in it. I didn’t even bother reformatting it. I just let it download new drivers on its own and put a new serial number in it and it worked great.

If you really want to supercharge it though that connector/form factor is actually the Intel standard. That means you can buy a new viewsonic computer that fits in there (not super cheaply, but around $1500ish, and it will be a 10th gen i7 with 16gb of ram and support for usb-c and nvme and other much newer tech.

bjohn

Villager

Would love to know how you Got Windows 10 on it I tried on one and now it the screen no longer displays. I believe its a driver issue but would love to get it working again. Got another to try on but hesitant to crash the OS.

Littlejohnt

Villager
Did you try upgrading or installing from scratch? Loading mine from scratch seemed to make it work fine.

bjohn

Villager
I got 8 of these recently. The first one I put Windows 10 on I just took the i3-3217, and threw more memory in it and then I put an ssd from a laptop in it. I didn’t even bother reformatting it. I just let it download new drivers on its own and put a new serial number in it and it worked great.

If you really want to supercharge it though that connector/form factor is actually the Intel standard. That means you can buy a new viewsonic computer that fits in there (not super cheaply, but around $1500ish, and it will be a 10th gen i7 with 16gb of ram and support for usb-c and nvme and other much newer tech.
Where would one look for a ViewSonic PC that is similar to what you've said will work with the Smart 442i?

bjohn

Villager
Did you try upgrading or installing from scratch? Loading mine from scratch seemed to make it work fine.
Not from Scratch. I tried an in-place upgrade, and as long as I used the 32bit OS installer, everything worked up until it rebooted. Now I have no screen... I'm guessing driver failure. Would love to get it to load from scratch but I can't get the unit to boot from flash drive nor the HDMI output to work, so I'm a bit reliant on the Appliance itself for display. Prior to the Win10 upgrade though everything was working fine.

Littlejohnt

Villager
Where would one look for a ViewSonic PC that is similar to what you've said will work with the Smart 442i?

It is this model. ViewSonic VPC27-W55-O2 - ViewBoard OPS i7 slot-in PC with TPM and Intel Unite Support

I found it in quite a few places for much less than what ViewSonic lists as the retail price. They seem to go for around $1400.

We are a school so I am ordering them through CDWG. ViewSonic VPC27-W55-O2-1B slot-in PC - slot-in digital signage player - VPC27-W55-O2-1B - Streaming Devices - CDWG.com

Here are a couple of other places. (I have bought lots of stuff from B&H with success)

Remove ads