D&D 5E I think that there's an issue with squeezing.

Stalker0

Legend
I really don't feel there is a need for an answer on this one, just let the DM rule on it.

Players: How wide is the tunnel?
DM: "Its tight, you all will have to squeeze. Except you Gnomey, your small enough to fit through without squeezing".

Its literally that simple.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
I’m assuming those squeezing consider the passage to be difficult terrain and thus movement is halved?

Edit: I see that the speed is halved though it’s not considered difficult terrain.

Rules as Written it's odd that kobold tunnels can accommodate humans perfectly and without squeezing, as they occupy the same sized "space". And it's odd that humans can't go sideways down a 2-foot-wide corridor, or even fit through most doors in their house (which are about 2 1/2-feet-wide) without having their speed reduced.

Rules in Play this doesn't matter for a second. As each and every D&D game is run by an intelligent, thinking human being that can look at the description of the elf bard and say "yeah, you can totally squish through there" while also looking at the half-orc barbarian and saying "eff no, even greased and naked I need a Dexterity check."

It's not really a relevant or important concern.

Oofta

Legend
I think the real question is: does a zombie kobold need to squeeze through the perceived gap in the rules for this particular issue, or is it given a free pass because of thread necromancy?

AKA: it doesn't matter, make a ruling that makes sense to you and move on.

Remove ads