• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I want to see D20 <fill-in-the-blank> [Thread from 2002]

Krieg

First Post
Knightfall1972 said:
and I believe the Game of Thrones RPG coming out won't be d20. I could be wrong though.

Guardians of Order will release both Tri-Stat & D20 versions of a Game of Thrones.

tombshroud said:
D20 Dune (Frank Herbert) - there was an article in dragon magazine a while back that just covered a little of it but I think this would be a great D20 system!

Thank you!! Surprised it went that far into the thread before somebody mentioned Dune.

I'm still patiently waiting for the D20 Dune book promised in my copy of Chronicles of the Imperium. ;)

BiggusGeekus said:
Trancejeremy:

Ethshar d20 RPG would be very, very cool. Great setting that people have forgotten.

Warlocks would be a power gamer's wet dream. lol

Damn I love those books.

BJP said:
My vote would be for d20 Saga of the Exiles, based on Julian May's "Many Coloured Land" quartet of books.

A fantastic mix of future and medieval technologies, a psionics system that works and a wonderful setting.

Sounds good to me!

Another great choice.

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Patryn of Elvenshae said:
Uh ... The Rocky Horror Picture Show?

That's the one... the name escaped me. Anyway, I think there couldn't be a market for a d20 game based on that movie, as it supposedly has a huge cult following. Of course, you could also mix it with other ideas, as well.

After the time warp remark, what came to mind as an RPG that was 1/3rd that movie, 1/3rd Johnny Mnemonic, and 1/3rd Blade Runner. It would be a weird twisted campaign wset in the near future.

Just a weird thought...

KF72

Goblyn

Explorer
How about D20 GURPS?

seriously, though:

d20Aliens
d20 Iron Chef
d20 INWO

That's all I got. For those who posted forever ago about giant robots d20, I seem to recall the somewhat recent release of d20 Mecha.

There's even an SRD for it.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Toben the Many said:
Interestingly enough, many of the proposed d20 games exist.

At the beginning of the thread, someone mentioned d20 Gamma World: well it's already out.

d20 Boot Hill exists...sort of.

d20 Mecha also exists: In d20 Future.

I wonder if the thread's creator could put "This is an old thread from a few years ago" in the title of the thread, so as to alleviate the confusion some seem to be experiencing.

D+1

First Post
First and foremost:
d20 X-Com (mostly just cuz I got a hankerin' for it lately)

Followed in no particular order by:
d20 Thundarr the Barbarian
d20 Star Trek (preferrably something actually pre-TNG or NOT directly tied to Starfleet)
d20 Johnny Quest
d20 Spelljammer (actually this probably should be #1 on my list)
d20 Marvel Super Heroes (not so much for the Marvel Universe itself but just because it is the only superhero game I've ever played and I kinda liked the ol' Universal Table)

drothgery

First Post
Other than stuff that has been mentioned already...

- would need new OGL games
d20 Drageara (Steven Brust's Vlad Taltos/Khaarven world)
d20 Harry Potter

- could probably be done as True20 (Blue Rose) settings
d20 Farseer (Robin Hobb's Farseer/Liveship Traders/Tawny Man world)
d20 Sarantium (Guy Kay's "fantastical earth", where many of his novels are set)
d20 Exiles (Melanie Rawn's series, not the dozens of other works of fantasy and SF with the same name)

- could probably be done as d20 Modern/Past/Future settings
d20 Codominium (Jerry Pournelle's sci-fi)
d20 Shadow Hearts (PS2 RPG series)

- could probably be done as D&D settings (though they might push the definition of "setting" almost as far as Black Company did)
d20 Skies of Arcadia (Dreamcast/GameCube RPG)
d20 Wild Arms (PS1/PS2 RPG series)

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
*d20 Epic of Gilgamesh
*d20 Midsummer's Night Dream
*d20 Doctor Faustus
*d20 King Lear
*d20 Romeo and Juliet
*d20 Rig Veda
*d20 Gulliver's Travels
*d20 Beowulf
*d20 Ring of the Nibelung
*d20 The Moonpool
*d20 King Solomon's Mines
*d20 1st and 2nd Books of Samuel

(You youngins and your video games. :) )

Remove ads