I will Living Greyhawk no more!

Endur

First Post
Re: Re: Re: I will Living Greyhawk no more!

Well, if you move to Phile, not only do you get Keoland, but Geoff, Bissel, and Veluna are all within four hours. :)

Tom

Outlaw said:

Depending on where you go, cooperation and teamwork become more difficult. One of my primary reasons of not moving from St. Louis to Philly was because a lot of the role players there scare me (not the only reason of course, but if I'm going to lose my favorite hobby, is it worth it?).

The Blue Elf

First Post
Outlaw said:

Perhaps the most recent incarnation of the campaign documentation finally says this (as it has been debated ad nauseum for two years), but it originally started as a misconception between Erik Mona and another campaign staff member.

Erik even came out and said that he never planned to write the campaign requiring you to be heroes. This is more a decision of the region than it is the overall campaign.

True story: I went to Illinois from Missouri (Verbobonc from Dyvers) as part of a two-table, all-weekend Verbobonc fest. First module, opening plot hook and both tables do the exact same thing: "How much are we getting paid?" The judges looked on in horror because in Verbobonc, they go the hero route. If you ask for pay the module is over. Coming from a region where many of the PCs actually carry contracts, it was a moment where they had to pause and explain the region to us better.

It's not that its a regional thing just the problem of integrating the old Greyhawk into 3rd edition is the main problem for them from what I understand some of the sources they had they are mixing up. I checked the other day on the NPC's of Greyhawk in the Epic handbook and compare them to the other modules and sources I found from books and the Internet ,it seems they changed a lot of things for example Eclavdra from what I understand she was a Multi-class Character, she was a Fighter/Cleric in the original Vault of the Drow module and to find out her deity was the Elemental elder eye from what I understand I don't know if that's true or not.

Agamon

Adventurer
First, A Current Affair is a bad module, that is true. There are stinkers along with the decent ones.

I'm also all about the roleplaying, especially in my homebrew, but you have to understand that LG isn't built that way. Mods need to be played within a 4-hour period, there's not a whole lot of time for extra roleplaying or going your own path.

LG is more a beer and pizza game, and if you understand and accpet that, it can be a lot of fun. If that's not your thing, then I guess it's not your thing. But we had a mini-con down here in the Hat this weekend, and it was a lot of fun. Even got to playtest a new regional from one of our players. Good stuff. Year 3 rules are much better than the Year 2 rules (I started last October), with 3.5 coming into effect next year it should get even better.

bertman4

First Post
Endur said:
The mailing list is definitely the place to find events in Geoff.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/living-geoff/

Remember, a static web site requires someone to spend a lot of time, effort, love, and tears to maintain. A mailing list just requires an email to update information.

Very true. And for those of you, like me, do not want constant barrage of e-mails, you can get a daily digest form sent to you.

Bertman

physicscarp

Explorer
Good Modules

All right, we've heard that both Birthday Bash and A Current Affair are bad modules along with a few others. How about the names of some great mods that knocked your socks off? Which LG modules should I be on the lookout for if I want to play?

I mean Core adventures. Or Veluna regionals since I live in Ohio.

Carp

The Blue Elf

First Post
Agamon said:
LG is more a beer and pizza game, and if you understand and accpet that, it can be a lot of fun. If that's not your thing, then I guess it's not your thing. But we had a mini-con down here in the Hat this weekend, and it was a lot of fun. Even got to playtest a new regional from one of our players. Good stuff. Year 3 rules are much better than the Year 2 rules (I started last October), with 3.5 coming into effect next year it should get even better.

I kind of agree Beer and Pizza part but the Elven connection was not the type of adventure I would play again ever.

buzzard

First Post
Coreyartus said:

My question for you all is how do the other campaigns stack up? Living City, Living Arcanis, Living Kalamar--there's a lot of different "flavors" of D&D out there. How do they compare to one another? And those other d20 games (I've heard Living Spycraft and especially Living Dragonstar are a hoot! Fun Fun Fun!)

--Coreyartus

Living City is either dead or too damned close to make any difference, so I wouldn't worry about it. I have heard good things about Living Kalamar, but haven't played it yet. I will be runing a session of it at the next local con. Living Arcanis has gotten mixed reviews from people I know. I'm a big fan of Living Jungle myself, but RPGA intends to axe it, and the people who follow the campaign are trying to go independent. I haven't played any of the others you have listed.

buzzard

Remove ads