I would buy a Spelljammer:SOTSM hardback

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Limper said:
Hope this isn't to late. I also thought it wonderful work. Lean on them if you could, I would very much like to give money for such a book. Either way thank you for the artical Mr. Collins.

My latter congratulations too. A superb recreation of one of my favorites setting. Thank, Erik, Andy, thanks a lot!

Andy_Collins

First Post
More Shadow Moon?

So I've talked to Erik, and he's given me the OK to post occasional additions to the Shadow of the Spider Moon game on my website (www.andycollins.net).

I'm not guaranteeing any specific quantity of content, mind you--don't expect a weekly (or even monthly) treatise on the setting. But don't be surprised to see new feats, spells, prestige classes, or other additions pop up there from time to time. (I know it's not a hardcover, but ya gotta start somewhere!)

If you have specific areas of the game/setting that you'd like to see expanded, feel free to send email to spidermoon@andycollins.net. (Apologies in advance if I don't respond to your idea--I'll read them all, even if I can't get back to everyone who sends me a message.)

Once again, Erik and I really appreciate all the interest and kind words y'all have posted here and elsewhere regarding the new Spelljammer d20 game. It's really heartwarming to see so many people enjoying the article.

drnuncheon

Explorer
Re: More Shadow Moon?

Andy_Collins said:
So I've talked to Erik, and he's given me the OK to post occasional additions to the Shadow of the Spider Moon game on my website (www.andycollins.net).
I'm not guaranteeing any specific quantity of content, mind you--don't expect a weekly (or even monthly) treatise on the setting. But don't be surprised to see new feats, spells, prestige classes, or other additions pop up there from time to time. (I know it's not a hardcover, but ya gotta start somewhere!)

Willing/able to take submissions? 8) I'll bet there are some folks who'd write for it...

J
...maybe even me...

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Re: More Shadow Moon?

Andy_Collins said:

Wow, that are good news!
Thanks!

BTW, I join my voice to those who ask if you accept submissions... :)

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
Just give me the rules for making Spelljammers and Helms, and I don't care what silly (stupid is too harsh) official setting you give us. SotSM is too dark and the races too shallow for me to use it.

Give me tools for building systems and moving between them and I'll pick it up without hesitation.

JPL

Adventurer
Dinkledog,

If you don't like it, fine. If you really want to see some rules for moving between systems, fine.

I am guessing, however, that calling Andy's work "silly" is unlikely to spur him into writing those rules for you.

And as far as "shallow" races go...I think there are some interesting twists on the usual fantasy races, especially the dwarves. I think that there is a limit to how much "depth" can be conveyed in just a few pages.

It doesn't read all that dark to me, either --- maybe along the lines of "Star Wars." Great evil can give rise to great heroism.

When a professional gets on a board like this and says, "I'm gonna make some free stuff for you --- what would you like?", I think he should be treated with respect.

jpl

Andy_Collins

First Post
Spelljammer

I'm not really prepared to accept or evaluate submissions, though I'll happily give credit to anyone who sends me an idea that I use.

As far as rules for making helms--I'm not sure what you're looking for. Helms are just magic (wondrous) items, and thus follow the normal rules for building them (with the addition of the Craft Spelljammer Helm feat as noted in the rules).

Thanks!

Remove ads