• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E i4e: new 4th edition character sheet replacement for iPhone

mpattee

First Post
Submitted i4e 1.1.1 to apple Thursday night, You can find a list of what was included in this release at [URL="http://cordax.net/i4e/help]i4e Help Page[/URL]

I'm working on 1.2 now which is a graphical update for the most part but will also be adding inventory, notes and a few other things. I'll post again when 1.1.1 is accepted and when I submit 1.2.0 although I think that might be a week or two. I'm hoping to have it ready to go as soon as 1.1.1 is accepted.

Mike

mpattee

First Post
i4e 1.1.1 is now available in the iTunes app store.
  • better detection of import issues
  • sorting feats alphabetically for now
  • added each ally in burst/blast
  • added each undead in burst/blast
  • added range option of "melee or ranged"
  • fixed issue where empty .dnd4e files would crash the app
  • called out restrictions on level as being between 1 and 30, this was causing data not to save.
  • fixed an issue where the damage dice of powers were being overwritten by a default value if an implement was used
  • fixed implement/weapon bonuses
  • powers should now calculate hit bonus and damage values properly regardless of if it uses a weapon, implement or nothing.
  • reflex now looks for armor values to add to it as well

mpattee

First Post
I just wanted to post a quick update and let people know that 1.2 is taking a bit longer than I had originally hoped. I think it will really be a great release though when it hits. I'm hoping to submit it by mid December. I've also setup a forum for discussion about i4e issues and feature requests. As always you can email me at i4e_support@cordax.net

• Updated UI
  • Added an inventory section
  • Added a notes section
  • Treasure Tracking
  • Action Points
  • Milestones

mpattee

First Post
I finally submitted the update to i4e 1.2.0. Hopefully it will run through the review process quickly.

• New damage/healing/temporary HP UI
  • New direct periodic damage input in 2 taps
  • New items being tracked; milestones, action points, item uses, failed death saves, resistances, passive insight, passive perception, paragon path, epic destiny, height, weight, age, gender, size, alignment, deity, adventuring company, languages, and vision
  • New Weapons section can now track extra critical damage
  • New Equipment section to track wearable equipment
  • New Items section to track consumables and general gear
  • New Treasure section to track coins, gems and valuable art objects
  • New Notes section to track anything you'd like
  • Re-vamped Feats section will now handle class features, racial features, racial traits and any other feats you'd like
  • Re-vamped skills editing for easier manipulation of skill information
  • Improved import for .dnd4e files, fills in many of the new details being tracked by i4e. Due to the limitation of information contained in the .dnd4e file it is still only a starting point.
  • Improved editing flow for powers
  • More consistent editing throughout the application

mpattee

First Post
So? Just make it possible to sign into DDI from the app, and use those links. :)

I haven't formally tested that yet but from what I've seen the html returned from the links are pre-formatted html that is set to be larger than the iPhone's native resolution.

The other issue is that I don't want to require users to have an internet connection to use the app. I'm going to be providing some better editing hopefully in 1.3 in the next few months that should alleviate most of the pain with filling in the information so stay tuned.

Mike

mpattee

First Post
How does updating work? If I bought an earlier version of the application do I have to buy the newest version?

D

It's a free update, just use iTunes to download the updated app and sync or if you have an iPhone you can do it directly.

If you have removed it from your iPhone just go to the app store portion and act like you're going to purchase it again but it won't charge your account a second time.

Mike

Felon

First Post
I came to this forum to inquire about this very app. I'll check out the tutorials. I hope you continue to keep us posted on developments.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads