• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Iajitsu Damage

emoplato

First Post
Is the damage derived from this precision because I was tooling around in the Oriental Adventures and I never saw anything saying it being precision or creatures lacking anatomies and/or immune to critical hits being immune to this damage despite it can only be dealt to a flat-footed and/or immobilized opponent. I had always found D&D to be very clear in regards to precision damage so I am thinking it isn't but I want to be sure

Dandu

First Post
If it doesn't list it as precision damage or state how constructs, plants, and undead are immune to damage, it probably isn't precision damage.

emoplato

First Post
Okay, thanks, by the way since Iajitsu requires sheathing would there be an attack of opportunity still be provoked if the character is weilding two weapons? You know such as he sheaths one katana but leaves the other out. Also would it be an abuse of free actions to perform multiple Iajitsu strikes if the person remains flat-footed?

Uchiha_Arthas

First Post
This is a bit off-topic but I don't want to unnecessarily create a new thread unless I have to so:

Would Iaijutsu attacks stack with Swordsage Manoeuvres such as (Diamond Mind) Sapphire Nightmare Blade which can make the Opponent flat footed?

To clarify, Sapphire nightmare blade requires a Standard Action + Con Check to make the Opponent Flat footed to the attack part of the manoeuvre. Would I be able to do an Iaijutsu Check along with that attack?

Eldritch_Lord

Adventurer
To clarify, Sapphire nightmare blade requires a Standard Action + Con Check to make the Opponent Flat footed to the attack part of the manoeuvre. Would I be able to do an Iaijutsu Check along with that attack?

Yes. As long as you satisfy the Iaijutsu requirements (enemy flat-footed, your weapon sheathed) you can make the check with any attack.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads