(IC) A Hard Time in Harrowdale

Rhun

First Post
Fayne takes the coin, shrugs, and moves to leave the Constable's office. He pauses a moment at the door before leaving, to cast a glance at Dawnhorn. "The only reason Tarven and Merrick are alive is because of us adventurers," he says, a bit of scorn in his voice. "Which may be why we expect more coin. We accomlish things your guards can't. You may consider that the next time your decide to insult us." With the, the lanky man thumps the end of his glaive upon the floor, and leaves the gaol to seek out this Garret.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Fayne is tight" Says the Calishite. "If your guards would have the roads safe in the first place, I wont need any of your pity." Abde'Ragman takes the few coins "But as it's obvious, the roads are not safe, and now I'm in the place of an adventurer, making every coin count. So enough with your insults, I have already enought to bear with in my head without your complains, woman." The wizard stands and warps himself in his cloak and exits the office.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
'uncle niles would have told her a thing or two, and would have taken me to the wood shed if i were to talk back to her.'

Evenar takes the three coins without further comment. not even a dirty look, though he knbow she deserves much much more. He exits heading to the home of the merchant with out any further ad.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Abrielle displayed her radiant smile and waved her hands. "Now now boys, miss Elaria has the whole town and the surrounding countryside to take care of. I'm sure she will appreciate our assistance, and in turn acknowledge that we need coin for supplies and lodging. By the way, you have quite the adept shoemakers here. Sadly i had to replace the pair i had bought in Evermeet."

Abby displayed her new boots made of leather, painted red and with bright copper buckles. The young Bard looked at the other Sun Elf, hoping she could have pacified her anger by mentioning their common home and the shoes. She needed Elaria on her good side, which would make her prone to subtle manipulation. [sblock] Diplomacy: 8+8 = 16 [/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Constable Ellarian Dawnhorn scowls at Fayne and Abde'ragman, then replies "The roads are as safe as can be expected. The Calishite's band drew a large group of dangerous outsiders to them, as such brigands would never bother with rural Harrowdale otherwise. Though I sympathize with your plight, 'tis not my fault, and I remind you that several of my own trained fighters were slain in attempting to claim justice for you. I cannot send out such large patrols all across the countryside on any regular basis. Think you that I have the resources of Cormyr? And if I had not taken the majority of my available men to deal with the problem the Calishite brought with him, Merrick and Tarven would have been accompanied by more seasoned guards." Her voice is calm, but has a slight edge to it at the beginning and end.

"Now go. I have no more coin for you and enough criminals to deal with now that my men are back where they belong. Criminals are opportunists and took full advantage of our absence last week," she says in annoyance.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"It's your duty, do not complain. And as you said, you have no more coins, therefore, you are useless to me now that I'm and adventurer. That the winds favor your ship lady Dawnhorn, may we never cross path again." With that, Abde'Ragman disappears behind the door.

Rhun

First Post
Fayne continues on down the street in seach of Garret, now out of earshot of the others. The man was determined if naught else, and needed hard coin. And he was more than willing to put his glaive to work to earn that coin.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
seeing Fayne way far ahead, Evenar hustles to catch up full round, double speed movement until he catches up

Remove ads