(IC) A Hard Time in Harrowdale

Myth and Legend

First Post
Abrielle lowered her bow and fiddle, and turned over her shoulder with a smirk on her face. "Really then master Wizard, care to educate me on the matter?"

Arkhandus

First Post
Tarven and Merrick head for the guard barracks, reporting in and getting some rest while you all head for the House of Mystra. Eckhart's father Rickard has run ahead to ask for the priests' aid, and now you are approaching the temple.

A few folks smile and clap politely as Abrielle passes by, playing a fine tune on her fiddle.

[sblock=ooc]I will move things along and dole out rewards shortly, after you've had a bit more time to finish RPing your current conversation. So probably during the weekend, perhaps Monday or Tuesday.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
The calishite had followed the others quietly. Trailing behind the sun elf, he comments shyly. "You say that because you don't know why we humans are so prosperous."

Abrielle lowered her bow and fiddle, and turned over her shoulder with a smirk on her face. "Really then master Wizard, care to educate me on the matter?"

Evenar hears the two talking and can only *SIGH* at their interaction. 'it is truely a wonder any of us survived this ordeal together' thinks the young fighter.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"I thought a smart elven woman as yourself could have guessed why, although if you insist: The secret of human kin, is that we breed anywhere we go" the wizard says, raising both his eyebrows. "I will not dare to educate you more deeply in those matters. At least not in the middle of the street." the calishite continues, trying to hide a smile.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Abrielle grinned and answered with a lively voice. "Of course i knew what you meant, but i wanted to make you say it. I was sure this shyness wouldn't last forever." The girl smiled and continued playing her fiddle.

Myth and Legend

First Post
Abrielle was having fun with the human boys, which was perhaps the only thing she really wanted out of her life right now. "You know Evenar when i first came to to mainland Faerun I used to work at a drinking hole as a bar wench, before I could prove my skills as an entertainer. I can make a shamrock in your ale's foam. I'm sure Jilbert won't mind if i step behind the counter for a round or two."

Abby talked as she switched the tune to a popular human song that she had learned in Amn. The words were so dirty the Elf dared not sing them in the streets, but most people that had frequented an inn or pub would recognize it.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"That's an ... interesting tune you are, conveniently, not singing. Pleasure houses along the Lands of intrigue usually perform the same melody. Perhaps you have journey more than you said, or more than one can tell looking at you, my lady." The mage says, as he walks with his waking stick.

Rhun

First Post
Fayne follows along quietly. All he really wanted at this point was a bath and some sleep. While he had managed to avoid being wounded, he was covered in the dried blood of his enemies, and was quite exhausted from the day's trials.

Arkhandus

First Post
At the House of Mystra, you find Rickard Chandler dragging a priest out (albeit somewhat politely), and they barely leave the temple before almost running into you. The candlemaker points at the unconscious boy and says "That's my son! Help him, please!"

The same priest you saw earlier in the day approaches and examines the boy's injuries, then utters a brief prayer to Mystra and lays a hand on the teenager's forehead. Magical light flickers around his hand and into the lad, making many bruises fade and cuts scab over.

The youth stirs, and awakens as Evanar sets him down. "W-what?! Where am.....what happened to the dog-men?! Are they gone? Father!" Eckhart rushes over to his father and hugs him, then the older man tells him a bit about what happened. They talk for a few minutes, about the gnoll attack, the loss of their horse and cart, what they'll do now, and so on. The Mystran priest heads back into the temple for now.

Finally, Rickard tells you "Thank you so much for rescuing Eckhart! I wish I could repay your kindness, but I lost everything to the gnolls..... I don't want to be any more of a burden to you, so I'll try to get help from the guards to retrieve what was left behind in my cart. I'll try to convince that boss-lady to reward you for your efforts, as soon as she gets back. Thank you again, and good luck!" He shakes your hands vigorously and then, after Eckhart thanks you all, heads over to the guard barracks.

It takes several days for the Constable and her men to return to Harrowdale Town, and you have some downtime until then. For now, the man in charge at the Gaol and the Barracks gives you each 20 silver pieces, saying that he can't afford to give you much of a reward until the Constable returns and approves it.

[sblock=ooc]Let me know what your characters will be doing for the next 6 days of downtime before Constable Dawnhorn returns to speak with you and dispense any bounty for the gnolls.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads