D&D 5E [IC] Against the Slavelords

Forged Fury

First Post
Brak Blood-Bear, 5th Level Barbarian

Flush with success, Brak pocketed the money and responded, "Not to worry, if you want to make a little coin, bet on me, okay?"

The gladiator headed back over to Dregg and noted that a few of his companions and the monk from the Scarlet Brotherhood had disappeared. With more pressing concerns, the human shrugged and tapped the pit master on the shoulder. "I convinced Grimblades that my pit name is worth more than his coin. He is letting me fight the Bloodswine. So, uh, what are the rules for this fight?"

Last edited:

3SpdDragster

First Post
[section]
Buckman follows along as the monk leads them. With his devil sight he searches the shadows for signs of ambush before casting an eye at the mage.
I hope she knows what she is doing, he thinks to himself.
“Thank you, but no. I find drink can inhibit common sense when it comes to trade. It can make you silly and pay full price for articles barely worth a bent copper.” He smiles an easy smile and has a quick look around the room. “And I never pay full price.”
[/section]

[sblock='Mini-Stat Block']
Grigor (Rogue1/Warlock4) 5th level
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5
Passive Perception: 15
Passive Investigation: 14
Speed: 30'

AC: 18 (Breast Plate + Dex + shield)
HP 33/33

In Hand:Rapier Silvered
Off Hand: Shield

Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Zeromaru X

Arkhosian scholar and coffee lover
[section]"I'm afraid I may also decline your offer", Alegast said trying to be amicable. Dealing with slavers wasn't his specialty, but even he knew about the dangers a deal of that nature represent.[/section]

[sblock='Mini-Stat Block']
Alegast - Wizard (Bladesinger) 5th level
Initiative: +3 Perception: +4
Passive Perception: 14
Passive Investigation: 17
Speed: 30' (40' while Bladesong active)

AC: 15 (Studded leather + Dex) - 19 (while Bladesong active)
HP 27/27

In Hand:Rapier
Off Hand: Wand (of the War Wizard +1)

Prepared Spells:
1st: Absorb Elements, Burning Hands, Magic Missile, Shield
2nd: Magic Weapon, Mirror Image, Misty Step
3rd: Fireball, Vampiric Touch

Spell slots remaining/Spell slots total:
1st: 4/4
2nd: 3/3
3rd: 2/2

Active Spells: (c) denotes concentration
None

Character Sheet
[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Tirion Cayde, Cleric Level 5 (Life)

Elredd/Devil’s Den
Day 1/Night

Tirion finished his work with the body and turned toward the door, watching the cruel fight in the pit from this vantage point. It was brutal, and more than once the cleric winced as a particularly hard blow fell. But the reigning champ was the last man standing.

It appeared that Brak’s fight would be next, so Tirion waited at the door to watch his associate.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Conditions: Guidance (C)

Inspiration: 1

Initiative: +0
Perception: +4 (Passive: 14)
Speed: 30
AC: 20 (plate and shield)
HP: 33/33 HD: 5/5d8
Main Hand: Body
Off Hand: Body

Prepared Spells:
Cantrips: Guidance, Thaumaturgy, Mending, Sacred Flame
1st: Bless, Cure Wounds, Healing Word, Guiding Bolt, Command
2nd: Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon, Prayer of Healing, Hold Person, Blindness/Deafness
3rd: Beacon of Hope, Revivify, Spirit Guardians, Dispel Magic, Mass Healing Word

Spell Slots Remaining/Total
1st: 4/4
2nd: 3/3
[/sblock]

BlueLotus

Explorer
[section]"None for me, thank you," Levanna replied. However she pulled her hood back and took one of the offered seats.

As Levanna waited for the merchant with her companions, she pretended to study the small and sparse room while she thought back on Alegast's reaction. She had no time to explain her intentions and he seemed surprised by her supposed interest in buying a slave. He had played along, however, so Levanna was hopeful that the elf understood.

"Do you know if your 'friend' will be long?"
[/section]

[sblock='Mini Stat Block']
Levanna (Wizard 5) 5th level
Initiative: +1 Perception: +2
Passive Perception: 12
Passive Investigation: 17
Speed: 30'

AC: 14 (Mage Armor + Dex)
HP 32/32

In Hand:Quarterstaff
Off Hand: None

Spell Save DC: 14

Prepared Spells:
1st: Mage Armor, Shield, Feather Fall, Disguise Self, Magic Missile,
2nd: Misty Step, Suggestion, Invisibility
3rd: Counterspell

Spell slots remaining/Spell slots total:
1st: 3/4
2nd: 2/3

Active Spells (c) denotes concentration
Mage Armor

Character Sheet
[/sblock]

GreenKarl

First Post
Back at the Devil's Den, the pit master Dregg says to Brak "This be a no rules, no holds bar fight, if ye have magic on ye that is fine with everyone... but no a casting from the crowd if'in one of your mates tries and does something funny we kill ye both." he waits a moment to make sure Brak understands and then adds "Ye the head overs to thats door over yonder ands it will takes ye down to the pit floor. When I announce ye they will opens the pit doors and ye come on out into the pit. Hows ye like me to announce ye?"

Over with the other group, the three sit down around a long table. This room is about 30 feet long and 20 wide, with the table set in the middle. The table could sit 10 comfortably and there is a pitcher of wine and a number of glasses in the center of it. Grigor gets the feeling that he is being watched but is not sure from where. If he looked more actively he might be able to discern where his observer is but not without giving away that he "knows" he is being observed.

Brother Kost shrugs when no one partakes in the offer of wine but pours himself a glass. After just a few moments a section of the wall behind Grigor and Levanna slides back revealing a secret door that no one had noticed before. Into the room steps two men. The first is a squat dwarf wearing black breastplate and the same strange symbol on his chest as Adreek, from the Broken Rutter, was wearing - a mailed fist holding many arrows with an eye like symbol in the middle. He has an axe tucked into his belt and a sword and shield on his back. The group also notices that the fine leathers and cloth clothing he is wearing is very expensive. There is a second human man wearing an ill fitting set of studded leather who follows him into the room...

[occ - see OCC for Intelligence rolls [/occ]

Grigor and Levanna recognize the man but they are not sure from where. Alegast recognizes the man as the one you deserted the Ghoul when they first pulled into port (the one the first mate was cursing). Grigor also notices that the dwarf makes a chant sign to the human with him, saying "Is this them?" to which the other man replies "Yes"

The dwarf has no reaction to this and moves to sit at the table. He says "So I have heard that ye all are looking for... a labour? Mayhaps I can aid you... depending on the amount of coin ye have and what's ye are looking for..."

[Occ - if you wish to make Insight checks you may do so along with any other check you would like to make.[/occ]

Last edited:

Forged Fury

First Post
Brak Blood-Bear, 5th Level Barbarian

Brak nodded, dim understanding evident in his eyes. "No worries, these matches should be won through strength of arms, not magic tricks." Eyeing the portal, he turned and called over his shoulder. "Brak Blood-bear... it's served me well-enough. Emphasize the 'bear' part... I don't want people placing the wrong bets. Oh, speaking of..." Brak handed over the 10 gold coins he had won from Grimblades, "put that all on me."

Heading to the door, he followed the ramp down to the pit level. As soon as his feet touched the dusty floor, Brak felt like he was at home. An iron portcullis separated the gladiator from the pit, but he was able to roughly assess the floor through the iron slats. The dirt had been disturbed from previous fights; he carefully memorized the location of divots that could impact his footing. Pulling his greataxe from the tether on his back in which it was nestled, the human took a few swings, loosening up his arms for the fight ahead. Brak removed the javelins from the case on his back save one, a scorched and burnt shaft of fire-hardened wood, and dropped them on the ground. He insured the primitive dagger he carried as a good luck charm was strapped to his leg. The gladiator then carefully inspected his armor, making sure the straps of his manica were securely fastened. Slipping his thraex helmet over his head, he secured the chinstrap tightly.

His preparations complete, Brak started to slowly beat against his chest with his greataxe, ready for the fight.

Scotley

Hero
Kelvyn Black Human Rogue

Kelvyn replies to Evandur's louder speech. "Yes, I'd much rather be up here drinking than down there," but give a curt nod to the other. He stays where he can watch Brak.

GreenKarl

First Post
At the Devil's den, after Brek has left and the crowd settles down from the last fight, the pit master yells out "And now for the feature event of the evening!! We have a fight to the death between the city's great hero - BRAGGI BLOODBOAR, undefeated ten brutal fights in a row, and the challenger, a stranger and a newcomer to our fair town - BRAK BLOODBEAR!!"

Down below the doors in Brek's room open and he steps out into the pit to the cheers and boos of the crowd. After Brek enters another door opens on the opposite wall and into the fighting area a strange looking dwarf appears. Wearing only leather pants and iron sod boats, his bare chest and shaven head bare a wide array of dragon-like tattoos. Brek could almost swear that they seem to move as the light reflects off of them. The dwarfs beard has been died red and braided and in his hands he is wielding a large greataxe. Smiling with a crazed look in his mismatched eyes he stares at Brek...

Most of the betting is going for Braggi right now and those standing around are giving him 2 to 1 favors...

Remove ads