• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [IC] Against the Slavelords

3SpdDragster

First Post
Evendur Buckman Rogue Level 1 (warlock 4)

[section]

With a silent thanks to his patron for the gift of the mental arts, Evendur Buckman projected to both his companions.

He asked the human, ‘Is this them?’ I think we could be in trouble here. If I make it dark, head for the secret door and get out.

Evendur waves a hand to their mage, “The lady here is the client.”

[/section]

[sblock='Mini-Stat Block']
Grigor (Rogue1/Warlock4) 5th level
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5
Passive Perception: 15
Passive Investigation: 14
Speed: 30'

AC: 18 (Breast Plate + Dex + shield)
HP 33/33

In Hand:Rapier Silvered
Off Hand: Shield

Character Sheet
[/sblock]

BlueLotus

Explorer
[section]"Yes. I have need of a sl-" Levanna started, but she caught herself and glanced toward Bother Kost. Feeling a flush of embarassment, she softly cleared her throat and continued. "That is, ah. I... have need of some 'labor' as you put it. As I have alluded to with Brother Kost, I am afraid I have no experience with such things, and I have travelled here seeking to learn more and how such... 'labor' could be best handled."

Levanna felt the tension in her stomach rising again as she continued. She hoped the details she omitted from the truths she spoke were not too suspicious to these men. "I was hoping to start out with perhaps one worker for domestic duties. And in the future proceed from there depending on the results."

She untied her belt pouch and set it clinking on the table
[/section]

[sblock=OOC]The pouch contains 39 gold and 9 silver peices, if they try to judge how much she has based on the size of her pouch.[/sblock]

[sblock='Mini Stat Block']
Levanna (Wizard 5) 5th level
Initiative: +1 Perception: +2
Passive Perception: 12
Passive Investigation: 17

AC: 14 (Mage Armor + Dex)
HP 32/32

In Hand:Quarterstaff
Off Hand: None

Spell Save DC: 14

Prepared Spells:
1st: Mage Armor, Shield, Feather Fall, Disguise Self, Magic Missile,
2nd: Misty Step, Suggestion, Invisibility
3rd: Counterspell

Spell slots remaining/Spell slots total:
1st: 3/4
2nd: 2/3
3rd: 2/2

Active Spells (c) denotes concentration
Mage Armor

Character Sheet
[/sblock]

GreenKarl

First Post
The looks at the pouch and replies "Mayhaps it is enough, depending on what skills you are seeking in a ... labour... "

He sits back a bit and stocks his beard before continuing "Now why don't you come take a look at my... stock... just the purchasers you understand. Your menservants can wait here with Brother Kost"

The dwarf stands with a smile and a slight bow of his head. The human who came into the room with him heads back the way he came (through the secret door). The dwarf then indicates that should accompany him through the door...

Brother Kost simply sits and watches, sipping at his glass of wine...

[OCC - totally up to you what you want to do right now.../OCC]

3SpdDragster

First Post
[section]

Raising one gloved hand, Evendur smiles at the dwarf.

"Forgive me sir, but surely you do not expect my Lady to judge the quality of the.... labour herself?"
he laughs. "And certainly you don't expect her to be able to 'ask' for the right price?"

“This is the reason she brought us along.” he adds. Rising to his feet. "I am sure there will be plenty of room for all of us."

[/section]

[sblock=Actions]

Checking if the door was locked behind us. [roll0]

Deception: [roll1]

[/sblock]

HP 33/33

Character Sheet
[/sblock]

GreenKarl

First Post
The dwarf shakes his head and replies "Ye have a valid point, but you all are stranger here and we have a certain way of doing things. If ye wants you can come inspect my labours and pick one out for yer lady... but only one buyer at a time. Them the rules."

Evendur does notice that while Brother Kost is doing a very good job appearing like he is indifferent to what is happening he has tensed a bit all of a sudden...

3SpdDragster

First Post
[section]

Evendur looks over at Levanna and thinks to her.

If you want to continue this farse, rub your right eye. If you want to stop it, rub your left.

[/section]

HP 33/33

Character Sheet
[/sblock]

GreenKarl

First Post
Back at the Devil's Den, Dregg the pit master yells out "Fighters, FIGHT!!!"

Braggi howls like a wild beast and rushes towards Brak who takes a more defensive stance verse the dwarf to get a measure of the fighter. Swinging wildly with his great axe the dwarf misses with his first slash but connects with the second, cutting a shallow gash on Brak's thigh. With a howl of his own Brak also enters a wild madness and the two start hatching at each other with little regard for their own safety...

The two exchange a number of wild blows and the blood flows freely from the pair as the combat becomes deadly serious. Braggi scores a brutal smash into Brak's shoulder but the barbarian remains on his feet trading blows with the dwarf...

At first the crowd is yelling and shouting but quickly they start to quiet. No one has stood this long against Braggi in the ring before although Brak does not look good... swaying a bit on his feet.

OCC - as noted in the IC you can switch over to the lightning javelin if you want to, but up to you... Also Tirion is fairly close on the same level in the off room at the pit level. The others whom are still in the Devil's Den are in the crowd...

BlueLotus

Explorer
[section]"Ah.. well, surely there are exceptions," Levanna started, though her voice wavered as her eyes met the dwarf's. Her breath seized up from a tightness in her neck. Of course she knew that these unsavory characters were not to be trusted, but her read on the dwarf made her feel like a gazelle who had just spotted a creeping lion in the tall grass.

"After all, this is a- This town's reputation..." she stammered. As she felt panic start to rise, she brought her fingers up and rubbed them across her left eye.[/section]

[sblock='Mini Stat Block']
Levanna (Wizard 5) 5th level
Initiative: +1 Perception: +2
Passive Perception: 12
Passive Investigation: 17

AC: 14 (Mage Armor + Dex)
HP 32/32

In Hand:Quarterstaff
Off Hand: None

Spell Save DC: 14

Prepared Spells:
1st: Mage Armor, Shield, Feather Fall, Disguise Self, Magic Missile,
2nd: Misty Step, Suggestion, Invisibility
3rd: Counterspell

Spell slots remaining/Spell slots total:
1st: 3/4
2nd: 2/3
3rd: 2/2

Active Spells (c) denotes concentration
Mage Armor

Character Sheet
[/sblock]

3SpdDragster

First Post
Evendur Buckman Rogue Level 1 (warlock 4)

[section]

Moving across to the mage, Evendur takes hold of her hand.

“Are you well ma’am?” he asks in a concerned tone and using his hand starts to simulate a tremble in the mages as if she was shaken.

After a moment of gazing concernedly at her and placing the back of his hand on her forehead he turns to the monk

“I am sorry but I think my lady’s delicate constitution is a bit overcome by the stress of the situation.” He places a hand under her elbow and lifts her to her feet.
“Could you please get your man to open the door? I think she is in need of fresh air.”
[/section]

[sblock=Actions]

Obviously lying his backside off.

Deception [roll0]

Will use Inspiration if the first roll is a flop. :)
[/sblock]

HP 33/33

Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Forged Fury

First Post
Brak Blood-Bear, 5th Level Barbarian

Brak had made a fatal miscalculation. Pausing to assess his opponent had given Braggi the opening to take the offensive. The dwarf fought wildly, much like the human warrior. While Brak had greater reach than the dwarf, the other fighter's disregard for defense essentially negated that advantage. Furiously trading blows, the human gladiator took a heavy hit to the shoulder, rocking him back.

Taking one hand off his greataxe, the human reached back and grasped the lightning-scorched javelin and drew it, stabbing the dwarf once before hauling the weapon back and launching it the few feet between Brak and Braggi. Whispering the command word, the javelin turned into a bolt of lightning and struck the dwarf squarely, reverting to a javelin at the end of its flight path.

And yet, the dwarf still stood. Brak whispered a curse to whichever gods had forsaken him and resumed his grip on his greataxe. Preparing for the dwarf's next attacks.

Remove ads