• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [IC] Against the Slavelords

BlueLotus

Explorer
[section]We could try following them to see where they would lead us. Or on our return I could try a spell I know... You saw its effects on the half-orc who guards our horse earlier. But it is not always effective, Levanna thought telepathically. She pulled her hood back up as they left the building. I am sorry for what happened.
[/section]

[sblock='Mini Stat Block']
Levanna (Wizard 5) 5th level
Initiative: +1 Perception: +2
Passive Perception: 12
Passive Investigation: 17
Speed: 30'

AC: 14 (Mage Armor + Dex)
HP 32/32

In Hand:Quarterstaff
Off Hand: None

Spell Save DC: 14

Prepared Spells:
1st: Mage Armor, Shield, Feather Fall, Disguise Self, Magic Missile,
2nd: Misty Step, Suggestion, Invisibility
3rd: Counterspell

Spell slots remaining/Spell slots total:
1st: 3/4
2nd: 2/3
3rd: 2/2

Active Spells (c) denotes concentration
Mage Armor

Character Sheet
[/sblock]

3SpdDragster

First Post
Evendur Buckman Rogue Level 1 (warlock 4)

[section]

Evendur smiles at the dwarf, “That would be most grand,” he says with gratitude. “Somewhere nice would be pleasant. I thank you for your understanding. ”

Leaving the venue, still supporting Levanna and with Alegast in tow, he scans the darkness around them with his enhanced sight given to him by his patron.

No matter our condition, we cannot stay here the night. We have drawn too much notice and I think their motives may be less than pure. They may want a slave mage…. he pulses to each of his companions in turn.

[/section]
[sblock=Actions]
[roll0]
Darkvision 120ft, can see in magical darkness
[/sblock]

[sblock='Mini-Stat Block']
Grigor (Rogue1/Warlock4) 5th level
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5
Passive Perception: 15
Passive Investigation: 14

AC: 18 (Breast Plate + Dex + shield)
HP 33/33

In Hand:Rapier Silvered
Off Hand: Shield

Character Sheet
[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Kelvyn Black Human Rogue

Kelvyn takes his hand off his crossbow and applauds loudly at Brak's victory hoping no one noticed how close he came to opening fire in the dwarf. From the edge of the pit he shouts down to Brak. "Well fought. I like how you gulled him into thinking you were done for." He nods to the door. "Enough fun for today I think."

GreenKarl

First Post
As Kelvyn waits for Brak too leave the fight pit, a richly dressed merchant whom was standing nearby slaps him on his back saying "Your man there is an excellent fighter. I do not mind telling you that I am happy to have lost on this bet as Braggi Bloodboar was a crazy blight on this town."

"So," he continues "What brings you to our small village and fight pit?"

Kelvyn notices that the man has four or five bodyguard types standing nearby eyeing him suspiciously.

The woman Evatte comes out of the pit room where the bear left through and shakes her head at the body of Braggi. Looking to Brek she says "Best leave the way ye came and in a hurry. Braggi has some friends in high places here and whens they hear about what happen... well" she shrugs. She then heads over to where Tirion at and opens the gate. Too him she says "This way then, I can opens the door at the top of the stairs here and you can take the body out the back ally. The graveyard is out the south gate...". She does not offer to help carry the body though, just waits for the priest to pick him up...

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Tirion Cayde, Cleric Level 5 (Life)

Elredd/Devil’s Den
Day 1/Night

Tirion sighed with relief as Brak surged back to action, cutting down the dwarf before Braggi even knew what was happening. The cleric winced as Brak cut off the dwarf’s head with his greataxe and took his bracers for some reason.

As Brak looked around the pit, Tirion knocked on the barred door he was behind to get the pit fighter’s attention.

Evatte came over and unlocked the gate.

“Thank you, lady,” Tirion said. “Your assistance has been most appreciated.” He picked up the body of the fallen fighter and glanced over to Braggi’s body again. “I trust he has people to care for his needs?” he asked Evatte.

As Brak stumbled over to join them, Tirion saw the state the man was in. Speaking softly, he made a gesture and reached out, touching the great barbarian’s shoulder and infusing him with holy healing energy.

“This way, Brak Bloodbear. Well fought,” he said with respect to the man, following Evatte to the stairs.

[sblock=Actions]

[roll=Cure Wounds L2]=2d8+8[/roll]

[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Conditions: Guidance (C)

Inspiration: 1

Initiative: +0
Perception: +4 (Passive: 14)
Speed: 30
AC: 20 (plate and shield)
HP: 33/33 HD: 5/5d8
Main Hand: Body
Off Hand: Body

Prepared Spells:
Cantrips: Guidance, Thaumaturgy, Mending, Sacred Flame
1st: Bless, Cure Wounds, Healing Word, Guiding Bolt, Command
2nd: Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon, Prayer of Healing, Hold Person, Blindness/Deafness
3rd: Beacon of Hope, Revivify, Spirit Guardians, Dispel Magic, Mass Healing Word

Spell Slots Remaining/Total
1st: 4/4
3rd: 1/2
[/sblock]

Forged Fury

First Post
Brak Blood-Bear, 5th Level Barbarian

Brak nodded his head in thanks. He was weary and hoped the party would soon have a chance for a good night's sleep. Stowing his gear and tucking the bracers into his backpack, the gladiator reached down to pick up the corpse of the criminal which the bear had killed. "I can carry him, I'm still capable. As the woman has said, we should move. I imagine there are a number of people with sour debts above us right about now."

GreenKarl

First Post
The woman shrugs her shoulders saying "I suppose, not my concern or job. Be quick about your way so I can lock up."

Exiting into the garbage chocked ally the pair can barely make out the main street about 30 feet away as almost no light from the main streets penetrate into the side street.

BlueLotus

Explorer
[section]
Indeed. We could also return to the others and see how they have fared. I could change my appearance in case the monk and the dwarf return to the pit. But my spell will not alter my voice, Levanna sent back. She glanced around nervously to see if anyone had followed them, but the shadows mixed with each other and bathed in the darkness of the night, revealing nothing.

What say you two?
[/section]

HP 32/32

Prepared Spells:
1st: Mage Armor, Shield, Feather Fall, Disguise Self, Magic Missile,
2nd: Misty Step, Suggestion, Invisibility
3rd: Counterspell

Spell slots remaining/Spell slots total:
1st: 3/4
3rd: 2/2

Active Spells (c) denotes concentration
Mage Armor

Character Sheet
[/sblock]

3SpdDragster

First Post
[section]

Evendur steers the three of them towards the pitfights where they had left the others.

We are being tailed by the human from the boat. Don't look! Just trust me on it. he pulses to each of his companions in turn. If he persists, I will have to take care of it.

[/section]

[sblock='Mini-Stat Block']
Grigor (Rogue1/Warlock4) 5th level
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5
Passive Perception: 15
Passive Investigation: 14

AC: 18 (Breast Plate + Dex + shield)
HP 33/33

In Hand:Rapier Silvered
Off Hand: Shield

Character Sheet
[/sblock]

BlueLotus

Explorer
[section]
Understood. Levanna mentally replied. She noted the direction in which she was being led and continued, Whatever happens, I must change my appearance before we arrive and our 'tail' cannot be allowed to see it happen. It's likely the dwarf and monk would return and, if they did, they would question why I am not 'resting'.

[/section]

HP 32/32