• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [IC] Against the Slavelords

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Tirion Cayde, Cleric Level 5 (Life)

Road south of Elredd
Day 2/Midday

“I fear Lady Levanna is correct,” Tirion said as he examined the note Kelvyn had found. “As are you, good lady,” he told the woman who had led them up here. “These orcs do not mean to just steal some cattle and be gone. I think they plan something much larger and your communities should be prepared for it. This talk of the great dragon below worries me. Its symbol was in Elreed, too, on the ramparts of the fort” he mused. “I sense the portents of great evil arising.”

Tirion considered once more the translation of the note Brak had given. “When is the next full moon?” he asked. “It seems you have until then to fortify. Perhaps we can make a few probes to determine their strength of numbers and organization. And then there is this strange bear…”

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Conditions: Guidance

Inspiration: 0

Initiative: +0
Perception: +4 (Passive: 14)
Speed: 30
AC: 20 (plate and shield)
HP: 33/33 HD: 5/5d8
Main Hand: None
Off Hand: None

Prepared Spells:
Cantrips: Guidance, Thaumaturgy, Mending, Sacred Flame
1st: (Bless, Cure Wounds), Healing Word, Guiding Bolt, Command
2nd: (Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon), Prayer of Healing, Hold Person, Blindness/Deafness
3rd: (Beacon of Hope, Revivify), Spirit Guardians, Dispel Magic, Mass Healing Word

Spell Slots Remaining/Total
1st: 4/4
2nd: 3/3
3rd: 2/2
[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Kelvyn Human Rogue

Kelvyn is struck by an idea and burst out, "Am I too understand that the bear and the Orcs tend to appear on the full moon? Makes me wonder if the bear could be a were creature."

GreenKarl

First Post
The young lady (Aysche) replies Levanna and Tirion with "Maybe you could convince my mother and the other elders to martial the families? They think us 'youngings' are to sporting for a fight, but I just don't trust these orks! If we were ready I think we would be ok."

To Kelvyn she shakes her head and says "No, them prints show up around someone's homestead ever couple of days."

OOC: Sorry some of the confusion there might be coming from the Ork tribe is called the Red Moon and the letter that you found and Brak read mentioned that at the next full moon that the great shaman of the dragon below wanted sacrifices. The next full moon is in 10 days BTW.

BlueLotus

Explorer
[section]
"Well, there are some magics that can transform an intelligent creature into an animal. I must confess I do not know much about were creatures... Levanna said.

She thanked Aysche and turned her attention to the older villagers. She walked towards them to introduce herself.
[/section]

[sblock='Mini Stat Block']
Levanna (Wizard 5) 5th level
Initiative: +1 Perception: +2
Passive Perception: 12
Passive Investigation: 17
Speed: 30'

AC: 11
HP 32/32

In Hand:Quarterstaff

Spell Save DC: 14

Prepared Spells:
1st: Mage Armor, Shield, Feather Fall, Magic Missile,
2nd: Misty Step, Suggestion, Invisibility, Flaming Sphere
3rd: Counterspell

Spell slots remaining/Spell slots total:
1st: 4/4/4
2nd: 3/3/3

Active Spells (c) denotes concentration

Character Sheet
[/sblock]

GreenKarl

First Post
Aysche walks back down the hill with Levanna to where the older woman and man (Ross) are still standing. They are debating something quietly when the pair approach them. Aysche then introduces her mother, Helmli, to the young wizard.

"Mother, I believe these strangers are here to help and might have some additional information that will convince you that we must gather the families..."

Up on the hill, Cedric White (the ranger of the group) mentions he is confident he could track the bear if the group wanted him to.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Tirion Cayde, Cleric Level 5 (Life)

Road south of Elredd
Day 2/Midday

Tirion followed Levanna back down the hill to the farmhold. “Your daughter is correct, good folk,” Tirion said. “It seems this Red Moon tribe is up to more than just some raiding for cattle. We found this at the scene.” He held out the mud-stained parchment. “It details their intent to scout your farmsteads for weakness so they can take you for sacrifice to this dragon below by the full moon. You have less than a fortnight, probably less than a week, before they come in force."

[sblock=Persuasion]
[roll0]
[roll1]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Conditions: Guidance

Inspiration: 0

Initiative: +0
Perception: +4 (Passive: 14)
Speed: 30
AC: 20 (plate and shield)
HP: 33/33 HD: 5/5d8
Main Hand: None

Prepared Spells:
Cantrips: Guidance, Thaumaturgy, Mending, Sacred Flame
1st: (Bless, Cure Wounds), Healing Word, Guiding Bolt, Command
2nd: (Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon), Prayer of Healing, Hold Person, Blindness/Deafness
3rd: (Beacon of Hope, Revivify), Spirit Guardians, Dispel Magic, Mass Healing Word

Spell Slots Remaining/Total
1st: 4/4
2nd: 3/3
[/sblock]

BlueLotus

Explorer
[section]
"Yes. I have heard of your reluctance to organize. I am imploring you to do so. My home village, Elmvale, was destroyed by monsters because we thought we were too insignificant to be worth the effort. Those that did not die, or suffer a worse fate, are scattered and the village is no more. Do not let your people suffer as mine did. You still have time, do not throw it all away!" Levanna said, tears starting to well in her eyes.
[/section]

[sblock='Mini Stat Block']
Levanna (Wizard 5) 5th level
Initiative: +1 Perception: +2
Passive Perception: 12
Passive Investigation: 17
Speed: 30'

AC: 11
HP 32/32

In Hand:Quarterstaff

Spell Save DC: 14

Prepared Spells:
1st: Mage Armor, Shield, Feather Fall, Magic Missile,
2nd: Misty Step, Suggestion, Invisibility, Flaming Sphere
3rd: Counterspell

Spell slots remaining/Spell slots total:
1st: 4/4/4
2nd: 3/3/3

Active Spells (c) denotes concentration

Character Sheet
[/sblock]

GreenKarl

First Post
Helmi seems unconvinced by Tirion's and Levanne's arguments, shaking her head and saying We have had ork raiders in these lands since I was a young woman. They have never been organized enough to threaten us. We have called gatherings in the past only to waste our time chasing the bastards through the hills as they retreat back west and into the forest. There have been larger groups in the past also, move a hundred once, but again they never were organized. Just independent bands of raiders who fight each other as much as they fight us. We have not lost a homestead out here in 40 years. At least not to ork. I am willing to martial my family and send them out to make a quick strike against these bastards as that should be enough to send them scurrying back to where they come from. But we all have animals to attend to and when we martial everyone the animals are not getting tended to and come winter we may not have enough to eat. Its a matter of survival not just convenience.

GM: Tirion roll was not good enough but if Levanna wants to make a Charisma (Persuasion) check she might do better. As the orks have never been too serious a threat in the past and she is worried about providing food over the winter, she needs to be persuaded this is a real threat

BlueLotus

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I rolled in the OOC thread because I forgot to roll here, and the dice roller seems to hate it when I edit my posts. I got a whopping 6, haha.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads