D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Princes of Elemental Evil

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Carradoc says nothing, accepting the role of retainer without obvious complaint. He keeps his eyes out for attacks, and perhaps places (for himself, or others) to hide.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
"Some of you seem to wear badges of... connection... with that guild of sorts? What is your allegiance there?"

Thaliss replies without hesitation "One needs to make a living in these dangerous lands. And besides, as I told you, I seek fame and fortune; and membership in the adventurers guild has helped somewhat up to now, but I am quite eager to learn more about your organizations tenets."

[sblock=ooc]if required: persuasion check [roll0][/sblock]

Creamsteak

Explorer
The woman seems to take you at your word and attempts to lead you up the stairs. You ascend through the ground level, level 2, level 3, and onto the top of the spire. She explains that at the base of the spire they keep their stables, the ground floor has their armory and a few small guest quarters, the second floor has their feasting hall, the third floor contains the officers quarters, and the pinnacle is kept as a garden of sorts.

At the apex of the tower, the stairs terminate at a round stone gazebo that continues upward in a needle-like minaret. Beyond this enclosure, a small lawn grows upon the top of the tower. Four paths paved with white stones point the directions of the compass, each path ending in a pointed stone crenellation. At the pinnacle's edge is a spyglass on a tripod, pointed downward.

From this vantage point, the Feathergale Knights possess a supreme view of all that transpires in the nearby canyon and the Sumber Hills beyond.

An older man seems to be staring off to the west, towards Red Larch. Two vulture-riding knights scout the tower and the valley below.

The commander of the Feathergale Knights is a well-built male human in his early fifties. Embossed feather patterns ornament the plates of his armor, and his kingly cloak boasts a feathered mantle. He smooths his white-blond hair into place, then bows low before you as if he were only a lowly courtier.

"Welcome to Feathergale Spire, retreat of the Feathergale Society. I am Thurl Merosska, the lord commander."

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Before they reached the apex of the tower, Thaliss leaned towards a window to apparently take a look at the surrounding valley. He a also took a moment to murmur a few arcane words to assist him with the discussion to come. Turning back, he followed the others to the top/

"Welcome to Feathergale Spire, retreat of the Feathergale Society. I am Thurl Merosska, the lord commander."

"Well met commander Merosska. I am Thaliss of house Eviastarim, and these are my companions Tolan, Carradoc and Maighan. I have heard that your society accepts young nobles that seek fame and fortune. Well, here I am!"
He says, with a friendly smile.

[sblock=ooc]Thaliss previously cast guidance; add [roll0] to next check
In case it is required: Persuasion/deception (Thaliss has the same modifier to both): [roll1]
if advantage is applicable (possible help from the others): [roll2][/sblock]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc] I think I figured out the problem with the rolls: when I click "go to advanced" for editing and I have rolls coded in the quick reply window, it makes the rolls explode. I'll be careful next time.

Here are the rolls:
guidance: [roll0]
Persuasion/deception: [roll1]
advantage if applicable: [roll2] [/sblock]

Forged Fury

First Post
Tolan stood silently, as a good retainer would. His hand rested on the pommel of his sword, but in a relaxed manner, not wanting to unduly increase the tension in the room. Thaliss was unsurprisingly pulling off a dead-on impression of a foppish noble.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Merosska smiles and nods. "You have excellent timing. We have a feast scheduled for tonight. One in which we will celebrate ten years of our society. Tell me, what sort of fame, fortune, and honor do you come by?"

He glances at Tolan's sword arm and then glances to make eye contact before giving a whiskered smile.

Looking back at Thaliss he speaks, "I can offer you respite for a few hours before the party if you wish. If the road has made you weary."

Shayuri

First Post
As Merosska and Thaliss spoke to one another, Maighan looked around the room...doing her best to seem simply goggle-eyed at the architecture and wonder of the tall tower, when she was really trying to gauge the expressions and actions of the other Feathergales in the room. Did they betray anything their master was more skilled at hiding? Servants were often used to feeling invisible; beneath notice. Much could sometimes be learned from them.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
"I seek what most good-natured and ambitious nobles want: wealth and the respect of the common folks. Oh, and the occasional smile from lovely maidens, of course" Thaliss answers, lightheartedly.

"I gladly accept your hospitality and look forward to the feast. Are we free to roam the halls of the tower, or is there an area where we can wait; with hopefully the opportunity to meed existing and other prospective members?"

[sblock=ooc]Thaliss will spend the time waiting for the feast gathering information regarding the feathergale society, looking for potential ties to an air elemental cult, and of course, for snowflake[/sblock]

Remove ads