D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Storm King's Thunder: Waterdeep

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: Somehow thought I had responded to this. Must have been interrupted by work.

The body is stabilized.

"The rumors say they like the purple islands, they go after sunken treasure and they have the aid of sea monsters. I try to stay out of everyone's business at the docks, but soldiers and their 'wives' tell stories."

Shayuri

First Post
"Should we...take him in or something?" Ilshana asks after a moment. "To a surgeon or the guard or...a guard surgeon? I mean, it seems like people were cursed or poisoned. If he can tell us what he did, it might be easier to fix."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Bellalalalalinda checks to see that the polo team is stable.

(a.) If they are not, she stays, and tries continues to work to stabilize them.

(b.) If they are she looks to see if there are areas of panic/conflict that need containment -- or have most of the crowds dispersed?
(1) If there are trouble spots, she will go to them.
(2) If there are not, she contains any loose hippogriffs/mounts.
(3) If there are none, she rejoins the others with the fish men.

[[sorry -- I think there is a lot of threads about and I am not sure which ors are active, as it were.]]

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: Let's cut forward a bit. You stabilize people, help where you can, the criminal you interrogate and then hand over to local authorities. You find out that the Kraken Society has something big and sinister planned, though this particularly suicidal cultist doesn't seem to know much about it. He praises the "sunken city", and "he who was ancient when this world was young", and something about "eventually the progenitors will return and you will all know the power of the old ones." Basically Cthulhu Mythos culty worshiping fish monsters. and apparently they will silence all of the lesser mortal races, plus dragons and giants.

Everyone gets well rested. Now you have access to explore Faerun how you will it. Maybe more combing Waterdeep for information if you want, or you can take off in any particularly interesting direction. The group will be cut down to whoever is still around and we'll continue however they see fit.

Jago

Explorer
" Well. That was a day."

Koldan Randulfr, rejoined with his fellow adventurers, was still unsure on what had happened and what this all meant. The attack on the stadium was certainly the oddest thing he had ever encountered in The North, and they were frankly left with little answers.

" Unfortunately I learned very little on what happened in Triboar," the Ranger confessed, regarding the group at large, " There was not much talk of Fire Giants where I was. Hopefully your inquiries have gone better? We need tracks to hunt."

OOC: As a note, fellow Adventurers, in my statblock below I have a list of Adventuring Notes: several of them are little side things to pursue for the moment if we wish. A Bounty, the possibility of some unique weapons, and a recommendation to the Dwarves of Citadel Fellbar.

And, you know. Giants and such.

[sblock=Koldan's Stats]Character Sheet
Revised Ranger Deep Stalker 6

HP: 52/52
Condition: Normal
Initiative: +4 (Advantage)
Perception: +6 (Passive: 16)
Darkvision: 90 feet
In Hand: Nothing
[sblock=Defenses]AC: 16
Str:+2
Dex:+6
Con:+2
Int:+0
Wis:+3
Cha:-1[/sblock]
[sblock=Offenses]Heavy Crossbow: +8, 1d10+3P (Sharpshooter: +3, 1d10+13 P)
Scimitar: +6, 1d6+3 S (Offhand: +6, 1d6 S)
+4 Damage to All Humanoids & Giants[/sblock]
[sblock=Proficient Skills]Acrobatics: +6
Insight: +6
Investigation: +3
Perception: +6
Stealth: +6
Survival: +6[/sblock]
[sblock=Spells]Spell Save DC: 14 Spell Attack: +6
Level 1: 4/Long Rest
Disguise Self
Ensnaring Strike
Hail of Thorns
Hunter's Mark

Level 2: 2/Long Rest
Rope Trick
Silence
[/sblock]

[sblock=Adventure Notes]
[sblock=Transactions]Total Coin: 47 GP
Starting Coin: 40 GP
+10 GP - Sold Giant's Tooth to Dorkath The Orkath
-1 GP - Tipped Dorkath
-1 GP - Tipped Splinter
-1 GP - Entry fee to the HWP Game[/sblock]
Game Info:
Fire Giants attacked Triboar looking for a "Vonindod", which they called a weapon that was in many parts. Fire Giant Duke Zalto of Ironslag wants this to "win".

Darathra was a Harper: she gave me a Platinum Badge of Triboar to present to Dorkath The Orkath to let him know of the attack.

There is a Kobold in the area of Yartar named "Lightwalker", a craftsman with 'some incredible weapons'.

There is a 5,000 GP Bounty on "The Weevil", a Dwarven Brigand last seen at Xantharl's Keep as a stable cleaner. The reward is for delivering him alive to authorities in Mirabar.

Ghelryn Foehammer has given us a letter of recommendation to King Morinn and Queen Tithmel of Citadel Fellbar. Ghelryn will also give us a 10% discount on customized weapons and armor in Triboar.

Harshnag is a Frost Giant of FORCE GREY should be told about the Giants. Apparently his company was 'mostly murdered' after an encounter with a Dragon and a Traitor.

The Kraken Society is a criminal organization that worships 'some tentacled horror of the deep', and was been gathering artifacts related to the Ancient Giant Civilization that was destroyed in a war with Dragons. They are planning something big in the name of 'The Sunken City'.[/sblock][/sblock]

Yavathol

Explorer
Gul steepled his hands as he thought, "If we don't worry about giants attacking Waterdeep for our piece of the Vonindod, then I propose that we go to Yartar. We can try to find this kobold, and also, since Yartar isn't too far from Triboar, there might be other pieces of the Vonindod in the area which we can use the staff to locate, further thwarting Duke Zaltos plans without having to fight any more fire giants."

OOC:
Thanks for keeping that list, Jago, that's very helpful! :)

We need to find out where Ironslag is, but it doesn't seem like there are any other sages in Waterdeep who would know..

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Bellallalalinda and Whistler have no business in the city. The pool is closed, and so there will be no more lessons. She checks on the health of the bard, but the halforc has canceled all of his lessons for the week, and her attention span is not a long one.

She follows the others, purchasing food from street vendors that she passes, but seldom does she take more than a few bites. The exotic medusa-tentacles turned out to be made of marshmallow, which was a disappointment too.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Davaros felt more confused about the day than anything. It seemed that everywhere he had been recently saw factions he never heard of, attack civilized folks. This was a dangerous world, but it seemed that the gods had put him with others that could make a difference, and he was glad that the cultists werent able to commit their evil acts.

I will stay with these good people he thought to himself, and with any luck, we will fight giants!

OOC: Davaros will try to get the others to go after the giants. Upon hearing your stories, he recommends to go and find Harshnag, but will follow if the group decides on another path

Remove ads